Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 25 replies

HUGE Sprint LayOff

giantpeach

Jan 19, 2008, 8:47 PM
I read here on phonescoop that Sprint layed off a bunch of employees...I'm talking @ssloads! Can someone confirm, or is this just a mistake on phonescoop? And how is Sprint doing so poorly? (I'm not from sprint, but I'm friendly with them...just curious as to what is going on behind the closed doors).
Sherman Schrader

Jan 19, 2008, 9:12 PM
Here's the official Sprint PR regarding the bloody massacre that just started commencement...
http://newsreleases.sprint.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=12714 ... »

One of the worst pouring of salt into a fresh wound is the fact that the employees in the Sprint retail stores can not choose the Voluntary Separation Package/VSP that is being offered to various other departments.

The merger of Sprint PCS and Nextel Communication yields about as many fatalities as the Jim Jones Kool Aid Camp.
rtcarradine

Jan 20, 2008, 1:22 PM
What does this mean for the sprint customers??? đŸ˜ŗ Should we be looking for a new carrier? 😕
aussieguy73120

Jan 21, 2008, 10:14 AM
You dont need to look just yet.

Its the call center and retail staff that need to look fast. With over 2000 being planned to layoff by mid year, its a major restructure at Sprint.

I'm happy to say I left that sinking ship a few months ago, but as an investor, Im smiling! Take over baby!! Those are beautiful words!

I think its no coincidence that Sprint tanks as the spectrum bid is heating up!

Anyways,

I'd stay with them as a carrier, but not as an employee. Its too risky right now.
giantpeach

Jan 21, 2008, 10:50 AM
Interesting. We canceled out plans with sprint shortly after we got them. Our bill was apparently supposed to be $82 every month. I canceled my line of service because I had dropped my phone. But the other person I was with on contract, kept his line. His bill went to $159 before I talked him into cancelling. I wonder if billing is the major issue in play as to why customers are unhappy.
BeaDis

Jan 23, 2008, 10:19 PM
ahh i work at a callcenter for sprint/nextel! i hear dabout this, just didnt know if it was true.... 😲
Dan Hesse

Jan 23, 2008, 11:27 PM
Everyone who is employed in our Sales & Distribution channel needs to feel apprehensive as just about anyone in this particular channel of very well may find themselves let go by the end of first quarter. We will be closing down approximately 125 under achieving retail stores and a total of an estimated 1700-2000 employees in the channel. As far as being a Sprint customer is concerned, the downsizing of the company will not effect your wireless services.
GTAexpert

Jan 24, 2008, 5:44 PM
Are you really Dan?
Dan Hesse

Jan 25, 2008, 9:59 AM
Did 3 of our top senior executives not get shown the door effective today?
ReaperTut

Jan 25, 2008, 4:20 PM
you were asked a question. i seriously doubt your the real dan. its unbusiness like conduct to be on a forum saying the things you are. it hurts your reputation. 🙂 i feel for ya, if it is you.
notch32

Jan 25, 2008, 6:42 PM
Hey i wonder if Mr. Dan hesse knows the company rules against blogging. I work for a major communications company and we have meetings all the time about what you can and can't say. I think this gentleman must be on the chopping block and is a little disgruntled. Try to use better judgement next time sir.
Armand Goldman

Jan 25, 2008, 7:28 PM
After reading his posts, I too doubt seriously he is the same Dan Hesse of Sprint.
da309392

Jan 29, 2008, 4:20 PM
i hope my store closes..
lakerboi08

Feb 24, 2008, 2:04 AM
i am glad i was able to get out of the crap hole called sprint and get over to VZW, the only good wireless co. i feel bad for those loser sprint people. idots 😈
honeysuckle03

Feb 24, 2008, 7:26 PM
its all in the management.. ☚ī¸

not because you switch carriers it means that you are all knowing..
aussieguy73120

Jan 22, 2008, 10:24 AM
Heard from a buddy at Sprint...

Its mainly management and corp retail that is being laid off, call center staff should be ok.
honeysuckle03

Feb 24, 2008, 7:41 PM
ohh..
so we are safe then.... 😁
SS EarlGoodman

Jan 23, 2008, 4:36 PM
Its not closed doors and its no mistake. this is all public info. sprint lost close to 1,000,000 csutomers in 4th quarter alone. so to save money they are closing 8% of retail stores and laying off some 4600 employees
GTAexpert

Jan 24, 2008, 5:46 PM
Get your facts straight....it was not close to a million, it was 683,000.....that's a difference of over a quarter of a million people. 😉
lords demise

Jan 25, 2008, 8:01 PM
not a rumor. 500 in the it dept alone. but alot it has to do with unifying their head querters to one location and not two.
new ceo plans to revamp customer care too.
mottelerj

Jan 26, 2008, 5:23 PM
no mistake ppl really are being laid off thank god its not my center!!
Armand Goldman

Jan 26, 2008, 9:36 PM
Don't count your chickens until they have all hatched. đŸ¤Ŗ
cradleyourfilth

Jan 27, 2008, 12:43 PM
Shoot, my site is having trouble keeping its employees! Of the 40 people in my training class only about 5-6 of us are still with the company (it's a 3rd party company). Revamp customer care? Lol, they need to. I get calls that were transfered from cust care to tech for some stuff as simple as an esn swap! Whatever, not my problem 😎
Armand Goldman

Jan 28, 2008, 8:47 AM
This is part of the problem for Sprint. One call resolution is one call, but at least half a dozen people to fix the issue. đŸ¤Ŗ
NextelForever

Feb 6, 2008, 4:59 PM
Who Cares. Sprint has always sucked as a company. Instead of dying on its own, they killed Nextel as well. I cant wait until sprint shuts down completely.
vincelectronx

Feb 7, 2008, 11:32 AM
They might as well have one or two phone companies have an monopoly again. I beleive the layoffs are due to another giant merger. Nothing like being a good employee!http://vincelectronx.com/catalog3527 23.html

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.