Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 18 replies

Sprint is for sale!!

Wireless Consultant

Dec 18, 2007, 3:51 PM
I heard that Sprint is looking for a buyer and Comcast is interested and the company that purchased Sanyo is interested also.

Does anyone have any info.
Hombre07

Dec 18, 2007, 10:08 PM
All companies are for sale for the right price. As far as Sprint selling you won't see any changes most likely, not unless it's purchased by another carrier. Otherwise it will be the same garbage with a new asshole at the top.
vonzippy04

Dec 19, 2007, 1:20 PM
why would they sell? they just appointed their new CEO like two days ago?
da309392

Jan 29, 2008, 4:26 PM
sprint garbage??? what a tard
BigShowJB

Dec 19, 2007, 10:52 AM
ok lets see something to back this one up because I don't believe that one
fyredawg

Dec 19, 2007, 1:48 PM
There's been talk of other companies investing in Sprint and staking a large claim, but nothing specifically of buyout. Comcast and SK Telecom were looking into it for sure I know, but I believe both decided not to, at least for now.
poweredup

Dec 20, 2007, 3:02 PM
no, i think comcast is the only one that backed out, we told SK Telecom no because we woulndt put the old CEO of nextel into office like their terms stated if we accepted the 5 billion dollar investment. errr something like that.
fyredawg

Dec 23, 2007, 8:02 AM
You're right, and that's a huge mistake. The Nextel CEO would have actually ran Sprint the way it should be ran.
poweredup

Dec 23, 2007, 4:57 PM
i just actually watched a rerun of the webcast of mr hesse and i like the way he is thinking, i believe he will think outside of box and already he says he has a few ideas for 2008 to set us apart from the other companies and i kinda believe him. i guess its just a wait and see thing now.
NextelForever

Dec 28, 2007, 4:47 PM
no reason to wait and see.the nextel CEO left, Sprint/Nextel greatness left with him. The company will never get back on track no matter who runs it. Empty ideas will only continue to be empty. Im glad the old sprint CEO is gone. This new guy will fair no better.Sprint is doomed.
beeferjay

Dec 20, 2007, 3:34 PM
to buy it

👀
sprint_god

Dec 23, 2007, 12:09 PM
Sprint and google may merge
techguy22

Dec 23, 2007, 12:52 PM
Ha ha ha. Tell google they are better off starting over from scratch... 🤣
sprint_god

Dec 23, 2007, 1:45 PM
google and sprint withh the wimax network and the 700 mhz band google will be able to offer the products and services better this is why sprint is not bidding in the 700mhz auction. put the pieces of the puzzle together there is a new game plan ahead for sprint in 2008
Wireless.O.G.

Dec 24, 2007, 11:20 AM
WiMax uses 2.5ghz spectrum... I guess I am lost as to what any of that has to do with 700mhz.
beeferjay

Dec 24, 2007, 11:30 AM
technology does not have a specific spectrum.

cellular band 850/900 was chosen because of its inherent characteristics.

The technology make work optimally on that band, or it may have been deployed on that band because of availability. I'm not certain.
Wireless.O.G.

Dec 24, 2007, 11:36 AM
Ok well the spectrum that Sprint has decided to use for their Wimax and the spectrum that Sprint has already invested millions into is 2.5ghz and I still have no clue what that has to do with 700mhz.
beeferjay

Dec 24, 2007, 12:34 PM
700 MHz is the new world standard for cellular in the future.

i dont know what that means
NextelForever

Dec 28, 2007, 4:43 PM
The only reason why google wants to buy sprint is to launch their G-Phone product. If they launch it, the I-Phone will be remembered as just another failure. Thats how big the G-Phone will be when and if it launches

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.