Lane

Oct 2, 2007, 2:57 PM
anyone heard anything new about revol?
iamverybored2

Oct 8, 2007, 9:03 PM
whats that?
Jayshmay

Oct 29, 2007, 2:10 AM
Yeah!!!! Real good ? What the heck is "revol"????
thwack1083

Oct 9, 2007, 11:47 AM
Revol is a no contract wireless service. there is no credit check...so that means no deposit. they offer unlimited minutes on all of their plans. you only pay a flat rate every month. no overage charges and no roaming fees. in a sense it works like a prepaid phone, you dont buy minutes you are paying for the plan every month. only available in certain parts of the country. they use their own network and towers.
sweetpea2403

Oct 15, 2007, 1:18 PM
with them there is no roaming because when u leave their service area of 7 towers ur phone is useless
AnWrOoTbEeR

Nov 6, 2007, 7:01 PM
That's actually not true... I was looking into their services the other day actually. (I'm in a kiosk three doors down). It sounds pretty cool...and the Rep there told me they were still growing. He did say something about no contract no credit check and no deposites. Kind of competition. (I think they're like Tmobile or somethin)
AnWrOoTbEeR

Nov 6, 2007, 7:02 PM
I've never heard of them before I saw them move into the mall, so I think they might be new. Does anyone know?
thwack1083

Nov 8, 2007, 12:41 PM
revol is not like t-mobile. t-mo's flexpay program is like revol. revol cares not about contracts,or credit checks. buy your phone and pay for your service when you want it. they do have a limited coverage area yes. they use their own network. no roaming. all of their plans are unlimited minutes.
see also:

cricket.
and
metro pcs.
cellDANone

Nov 12, 2007, 8:29 PM
Revol is a company that is prepaid no contract blah blah, you have to pay for your phone and your service up front it is a great concept, the coverage area is as big as some of the malls they sell out of. i dont see this company doing anything,,,, to many customer s go to them and then return to a service that they can actually use
Spikeycme

Nov 13, 2007, 6:53 PM
Revol's coverage covers almost every major city in Ohio, to detroit, mi... Buffalo, ny, indianapolis IN... For an unlimited local service, i happen to thing that they have a pretty large coverage area. Their service is very similar to Cricket. U happen to thing the coverage is pretty decent, if you live in this area. Not too good if ya travel alot outside of ohio...
Spikeycme

Nov 13, 2007, 6:56 PM
Revol's coverage covers almost every major city in Ohio, to detroit, mi... Buffalo, ny, indianapolis IN... For an unlimited local service, i happen to think that they have a pretty large coverage area. Their service is very similar to Cricket. I think the overage is pretty decent, if you live in this area. Not too good if ya travel alot outside of ohio... I have had their service, and get very few dropped calls, awesome signal... and the features are pretty cool too...
thwack1083

Nov 14, 2007, 12:19 PM
see the good things about cricket, revol, and metro pcs (flat rate wireless). is that it is unlimited talk time. the coverage area is limited right now.

what would happen to pre-pay phones if flate rate companies expanded their coverage?
revolstar5.0

Dec 13, 2007, 12:03 PM
I actually work for revol and metro actually has a lot more of a coverage area than we do as of right now but we are expanding rapidly and will have twice the amount of coverage by the end of 2008....thats what i think is going ot happen not been confirmed by my bosses though.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.