Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 21 replies

Where is Verizon???

myrowd

Sep 19, 2007, 10:41 AM
Day after day, ATT, Sprint, T-Mobile announce new (and cool) phones. Where is Verizon???
notch32

Sep 19, 2007, 10:09 PM
man some one who feels my pain. i say the same thing all my friends are on vzw and i don't wanna leave but dam. They are so behind when it comes to phones.
myrowd

Sep 19, 2007, 10:15 PM
Our friends, too...but, hey, most of the calls are after 9 pm, right! Our contract has been up since July and we've been spending lots of time at the ATT store!
truckchic21

Sep 20, 2007, 3:07 AM
What are you looking for? Verizon has several phones to choose from that offers features and coverage that other companies don't have.
wombough

Sep 20, 2007, 3:39 AM
nothing just complaining because he has nothing else to do!
myrowd

Sep 20, 2007, 9:50 AM
iPhone with a speakerphone and better data connectivity would be absolutely perfect.
Preferences: QWERTY for texting (I don't mind the iPhone system at all); MP3 with good compatibility with MAC computers; small form factor; light weight; friendly (and aesthetically pleasing) interface, e.g., for photos; speakerphone; bluetooth. WiFi would be a bonus. In my research, Verizon doesn't seem to have anything even close.
boochi

Sep 27, 2007, 12:04 AM
you have a very specific need it seems like. you say where are all their cool phones but you only want something with all that stuff. big mistake if you leave verizon
splitchannel

Oct 12, 2007, 10:43 PM
I am with boochi. I mentioned "Buck Rodgers" in another thread and this is part of what I meant. Sure, I know it was a couple of years ago that I tried a data card with Cingular and it was the type that would let me go all the way to HSDPA, but I mostly got GPRS and sometimes EDGE, depending on where I was at. This is still the issue that AT&T customers face.As a matter of fact I looked on the ATTW site and only saw a map for GPRS/EDGE. Yet, on some other part of the expansive site, I saw a big talk of Broadband and the boast of band-with to deliver it, but no mention of the deployments. I am confused, not saying that HSDPA isn't out there, just saying that I wouldn't want to buy a i-phone and have this Capt. kirk gadget with a Gilligan's is...
(continues)
LordObento

Oct 1, 2007, 1:05 AM
No one has anything like that.... Maybe a 3G iPhone but seriously, you just basicly said iPhone - minus all the cons.
StoreLead

Sep 20, 2007, 8:42 PM
vzw seems to be trying to become the modest mouse in the major carrier war. everything they are doing, they seem to be doing quietly. the way they released rev. a, their plans for a 4g network.. they aren't shouting it from the mountain tops. i think they have a good strategy. don't talk big, be big.
nextel18

Sep 21, 2007, 8:52 AM
Well VZ’s data packages are horrible. At least they just announced they are going to do a 4G network LTE but would that be too late? If they have the similar price plans and restrictions on their current EV-DO system, I hope they do not translate those to the LTE or else the expense and network will fail. I am sure Voda will do well but VZ wont. Their forte, VZ, is not for data.
The King of Kingz

Sep 28, 2007, 10:31 PM
verizonwireless.com/next

All i got to say about that
splitchannel

Oct 12, 2007, 10:56 PM
There are lots of people that lose lots of sleep over who is doing what on the DATA network at VZW house. They understand security and utilize it like the NAZIS at a gestapo. They need to loosen up is all.If they keep the exact same attitude as they have now, when they deploy LTE it will mean nothing to have the technology. I don't agree entirely about the plans though, they may be more expensive however, I would never be able to figure that out looking at ATTW's data plans.

http://www.wireless.att.com/businesscenter/plans/dat ... »

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/controller? ... »
nextel18

Oct 13, 2007, 2:55 PM
Yea I know but the reason why I talked about Verizon’s current data plans is because if they continue to offer those in the LTE network and model they won’t gain many subscribers, which is the same thing now. At least AT&T is gaining subscribers.
yeehaw

Oct 13, 2007, 1:49 PM
have you seen the lg vx10000? it will blow the iphone out of the water
splitchannel

Oct 13, 2007, 2:59 PM
The following is the Phone scoop review. I believe the 10000 does what it was designed for and will not necessarily compete with the i-Phone.Anything that can't or wasn't designed to do what the i-Phone was made for unfortunately can't be compared.
LG VX10000 Voyager: The Voyager is a messaging device derived from the enV, but features a large touch screen and new user interface on the front. The touch screen provides haptic feedback and has revised menus to access the phone's many features. Like the enV, it opens sideways to reveal a full QWERTY keyboard, large interior screen, and stereo speakers. It has EV-DO data, a full HTML browser with minimap, stereo Bluetooth, a 2 Megapixel camera, and a microSD slot that supports cards up to 8GB....
(continues)
myrowd

Oct 14, 2007, 8:13 PM
I believe tht your assessment is right onthe money. In a way, the LG vx10000 is more gimicky than anything - and a bit large, too. It's as if VZ is trying to have a phone that appaears as clever as the iPhone, but without the substance. The 10000 does appear to be a pretty gadget for what it does do. But it doesn't do a lot, too!
vega7racer

Oct 16, 2007, 1:16 PM
Wow! What does it do? How about what doesn’t it do? I personally feel the previously mentioned verbiage, “the Voyager and the iPhone are not in the same class”, is correct. However it appears my reasoning for this assumption differs. The iPhone is a phenomenal piece of hardware but in order to lay out my point I’m gonna beat up on it a bit. Ok so the iPhone is capable of wifi, is compatible with all the Mac software and has an amazing UI. Outside of those items the Voyager can do all of the same things as well as many other things that the iPhone cannot. The Voyager can image message, has a removable battery and memory, has mobile tv, can download music OTA and runs on a much better network for call quality and d...
(continues)
myrowd

Oct 16, 2007, 2:41 PM
Thanks for this thoughtful reply!
DM
vzman23

Oct 15, 2007, 10:09 PM
Just to clear some stuff up.
myrowd

Oct 15, 2007, 10:26 PM
Ok. So We are trying to figure out how we can stay with Verizon's (admittedly) better network when the iPhone beckons. So what from Verizon will 1) easily import photos from iPhoto; 2) easily transfer music from iTunes; 3) be a good phone(!); 4) have a full texting keyboard; 5) cost $20 rather than $60/month for Internet access; 6) allow wifi connection and easy e-mail downloads; and have 7) Bluetooth connectibility? For icing: a good speakerphone and FM radio (too good to be true, of course).
Cosmoboy

Oct 16, 2007, 5:53 PM
Switch to AT&T and get the Tilt. Everything you'll ever need in one small package!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.