Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 20 replies

Is it anything better than the Mogul coming soon?

jjm171

Aug 29, 2007, 9:25 AM
I have a PDA 700p with Sprint and I would like to upgrade my phone to a windows mobile based unit, should I buy the Mogul or wait for something better to come out, I wouldn't like to wait that long though.
Any help is appreciate it. Thanks. 😉
cellphoneguy

Aug 29, 2007, 9:48 AM
Biggest flaw with the mogul is the weak battery! I would wait for the new mogul!
jjm171

Aug 29, 2007, 9:59 AM
Then, There is new one coming soon?
cellphoneguy

Aug 29, 2007, 10:27 AM
https://www.phonescoop.com/news/item.php?n=2362 »
Sprint sould have it by the end of the year from what a rep told me...
jjm171

Aug 29, 2007, 10:35 AM
Thank You for your help.
cellphoneguy

Aug 29, 2007, 10:38 AM
fo shizzle 😉
Nishka113

Sep 5, 2007, 5:30 PM
Actually that link that was posted is not what Sprint is going to be coming out with! That is a GSM phone and will not work on the Sprint network. I am a Sprint employee and I do know we will be releasing a new phone by HTC in late November that is going to have software like the iPhone. But it is not the one on that link provided. There is also another Treo coming out within a month that is supposed to be easier to use, smaller and cheaper. The Mogul is a good and popular phone so if neither of those interests you I would recommend the Mogul.
ReaperTut

Nov 27, 2007, 9:19 PM
The mogul is by far the best business tool that Sprint has to offer as far as Windows platform phones go. The touch is a nice idea, but just that, is has alot of flaws that need to be worked out. whether it be a bigger touch screen or better descriptive icons for actions. its also pretty unclear at first glance how to navigate through the phone. i was actually playing with one the other day and inadvertantly deleted some shortcuts. there was no "Are you sure" to keep this from occuring, and im pretty sure that'd make a few people mad. i had to bust out another one to mimic the icons i removed from the main page.. 🤭 good thing i didn't have to crap open that manual. (i'd have bought the phone for sure!)
racerxzx2

Aug 30, 2007, 5:11 PM
I hate to tell you that your sources are wrong. That phone is a GSM phone not a CDMA phone which is what sprint is. Now there is a new HTC comeing to sprint in the next few months that will not be replaceing the MOGUL, it is being called the TOUCH, havent seen it reviewed here but have seen it on other sits, similar to the Iphone but better.
jjm171

Aug 31, 2007, 9:32 AM
Hey Racer, Thank You for the update I do appreciate it. hopefully somebody will post some pictures.
WM6user

Sep 7, 2007, 2:23 PM
That's for GSM [which for me].
BigShowJB

Sep 5, 2007, 5:50 PM
If Chuck Norris were a cell phone, he'd be a mogul

that's how good the Mogul is
The Highlander

Sep 5, 2007, 6:49 PM
HTC had to get permission from Chuck Norris to use the term "Mogul" for the PPC-6800's name. BTW, Chuck Norris is so fast that he actually has to wait for light to catch up to him.
That_Other_Guy

Sep 8, 2007, 6:45 PM
Coming from somewhere inside...

The Mogul is good, but it's Rev.1 still. I'd avoid it until Rev.2 hits and then you'll have a decent handset. Windows Mobile still has some issues, it's not as widely accepted as Blackberry, and doesn't have the longevity that the Palm software does.

I'd just wait on the 6800 to hit rev2. I bet you'll have fewer problems.
BigShowJB

Sep 9, 2007, 12:26 PM
Are you talking about EVDO R2? I haven't even heard anything about the development of that yet.
nextel18

Sep 10, 2007, 5:18 PM
They will have upgrades to REV A.
nextel18

Sep 10, 2007, 5:18 PM
What is rev 1 and rev 2? If you are saying REV O and REV A that would be better than rev 1 and rev 2.
sansl3

Sep 12, 2007, 2:36 PM
is that from vzw? by the time the 6800 comes out 6900 will be here ☚ī¸ j/k
jjm171

Oct 22, 2007, 9:34 AM
Well, I just couldn't wait any longer and went to get the Mogul and I just noticed the new touch is coming out next month, Oh well :-).
but I saw the picture and by the looks I think I like the Mogul better, now let me say that I'm more than satisfied with the performance of this phone, now I can manage my eBay sales easily, thing I just couldn't do with my Treo 700p. The only complain is that I would like the speaker to be a little louder, but for the rest of it is the perfect phone for my needs.
thecellphonedude1997

Nov 12, 2007, 7:12 PM
Well, my opinion is a nokia e90. It has an s60 platform, not a windows mobile. and it is really expensive [$900-$1200] but it has some amazing features.
cellphoneguy

Nov 29, 2007, 4:10 PM
Return rate on the mogul because the battery is 17% that is crazy...htc told me they have a smaller headset thats like the mogul but sprint said no to picking it up and verizon said yes...go figure!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.