Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 5 replies

A Moto CDMA/AMPS that works? A Nokia worth buying?

TheSchmett

Nov 24, 2004, 11:57 AM
Anyone have any idea when Moto might release a phone for Verizon that lives up to the hype? Will Nokia release something worthwhile for VZW?

I just returned the v710 to VZW, the camera is more mattell than moto, and for that price I'd rather just hang onto my 270c - even w/o bluetooth. I can text and talk just as easily with the old Timeport.

So any rumblings about a decent moto or nokia offering for the CDMA/AMPS crowd with all the v710 features - camera, BT, Transflash...
ddtmm

Nov 24, 2004, 10:45 PM
Nokia 6255i meets all those criteria so. I don't really like the looks of it on this site but the rep says it looks better in real life than here. It's in testing.
lisam

Nov 28, 2004, 11:14 AM
i doubt seriously that moto will come up with anything for verizon since moto is known for making gsm phones. nokia on the other hand made horrible cdma phones for sprint as well im sure for verizon. i only say this bc nokia is well known for making gsm phones. i used to work for sprint and i saw almost every nokia come back
justpeachy

Nov 28, 2004, 1:30 PM
I don't know what rock you've been hiding under, but Motorola makes quite a few CDMA handsets, they aren't 'known' for making just GSM.
lisam

Nov 28, 2004, 2:01 PM
i know that duh.....all i was saying was they are more well known for gsm
CDGIII

Nov 29, 2004, 10:11 AM
Wow!! Someone who still has the 270c. I did all the Reliability Engineering on the 270c. Glad you still like it. Believe it or not, the 270c IS bluetooth capable. When you open the battery door, there is a long strip of connectors just below the battery well itself. That's the bluetooth module connector. I don't know if there are any more 270c bluetooth modules for sale anywhere, but if you can find one, you'll be all set.

I'd say Motorola's v265 and v260 are good.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.