Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 18 replies

Please help! My phone is on it's last legs!

vfa427

Aug 2, 2007, 10:09 AM
I am a Verizon customer, and I currently have a Motorola Razor v3m. I'm due for an upgrade, but I'm waiting for a new Blackberry device to come out.

My phone just got dropped for it's last time. I can no longer receive or send text messages, which is mainly what I use the phone for.

In the meantime, I have phone insurance, but it is EXTREMELY important to me to salvage the text messages in my phone. There are about 1400 all together. (I have a memory card in there.) Is there any way to save my text messages to my computer? Please, someone, this is really important to me.

Should I use my phone insurance or my upgrade? Has anyone heard anything new about Blackberry devices for Verizon?

Thanks so much in advance to anyone who can h...
(continues)
Yean

Aug 2, 2007, 3:14 PM
Install a freeware, BitPim, to your computer, get the cable for your manufactured phone, and you shouid be able to transfer text, pictures, ringers, videos, etc. Do a Google search for BitPim, can't recall the url at the time.
vfa427

Aug 2, 2007, 3:22 PM
thank you! i will give it a try! ๐Ÿ™‚
Ray

Aug 7, 2007, 9:18 PM
Make the jump to a real wireless carrier like Sprint, the only one to offer nights and weekends starting at 7 pm for free and doesn't base the upgrade credit towards a new handset on what rate plan you have.
BTW, here's the URL for BitPim
http://www.bitpim.org/ »
txsolitaire

Aug 8, 2007, 11:54 AM
a real wireless carrier like sprint. hahahahahaha. what a fanboi. i worked for sprint, they suck. All carriers suck, but sprint is borderline retarded.
BigBossMan

Aug 26, 2007, 11:10 AM
BORDERLINE RETARDED? sPRINT IS THE ABORTED FETUS OF THE CELL PHONE INDUSTRY WELL JUST NEXT TO US CELLULAR
Gemini

Aug 26, 2007, 2:22 PM
What's wrong with USCC? ๐Ÿคจ
The Highlander

Aug 30, 2007, 5:29 PM
US Cellular is a Tier 2 wirless carrier and not national like The Big 3.
Gemini

Aug 30, 2007, 5:47 PM
Who cares? Come live in Maine and see which carrier you choose.
The Highlander

Aug 30, 2007, 5:48 PM
Unicell???
ihateeverything

Aug 30, 2007, 7:06 PM
US cellular also starts nights and weekends at 7. Other plan features may weigh out nights and weekends starting 2 hours early like tmobile myfavs. ๐Ÿ˜›
JAnthon88

Aug 3, 2007, 12:27 PM
A new machine for data transfer was recently released by Cellebrite. It has the ability to transfer contacts, as well as texts, pix, ringtones, music, videos, etc. Stores should have them soon!
angievzw

Aug 3, 2007, 8:06 PM
I am a dealer and we have this new machine! It freaking rocks!
vfa427

Aug 7, 2007, 12:16 PM
Really?! I am in the New York area. Any idea where I can go to use it?
angievzw

Aug 7, 2007, 8:47 PM
I am not sure. I would check your local verizon stores...we dont have any stores on the east side. โ˜น๏ธ The corp. verizon stores over here dont have them yet but some over there might.
Yean

Aug 4, 2007, 11:01 PM
CellBrite ha been around, but I'm pretty sure stores will allow contacts to transfer, not too sure if all manufatured phones allow text transfer, I've only seen text transfer on some smart devices.
JAnthon88

Aug 5, 2007, 11:32 AM
The information I'm getting is that it will work with 95% of phones manufactured for US carriers.
webdr

Aug 25, 2007, 11:07 AM
This is one of benefits of going with a GSM carrier. The txt msgs are stored on the SIM. If you run into this problem then you take the SIM out and put it in another phone and your done.

As for sprint being a real wireless carrier that is a joke, sprint is going down hill fast and they will fail within the next 2-3 years because have the worst network and the worst customer service.
racerxzx2

Aug 30, 2007, 5:24 PM
You should get the new blackberry 8830, vzw has that phone. Its is a amazingly crazy phone with a ton of features.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.