Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 13 replies

VZW getting the BLackberry Curve

MichaelBB

Jun 22, 2007, 2:52 PM
Does anyone know or have you read someplace where VZW is getting the Blackberry Curve?

I left Cingular for billing issues and NEVER ever had lost calls or dropped calls and there data package cant be bad, I know NY State use's AT&T and blackberrys for all there email and communications. I will say that VZW has been great over the last year, but if I am going to spend money on a smartphone I should be able to get the one with all the bells and whistles I like and need and not have to deal with second best. Also Moto Q Good ? Bad? for email and surfing the net
ISellFones

Jun 26, 2007, 1:34 PM
To the best of my knowledge the Curve model is GSM only and will stay that way. The 8830 that is offered by VZW is basically a Curve, sans camera.
Argonnj

Jun 26, 2007, 2:29 PM
ISellFones said:
To the best of my knowledge the Curve model is GSM only and will stay that way. The 8830 that is offered by VZW is basically a Curve, sans camera.

Wrong. While you are right that the Curve is GSM, you are wrong on everything else. Unless you know something that everyone else doesn't, BBs first come out as GSM then CDMA 6 mos to a year later. So it will not "stay that way". As far as the 8830 being basically a Curve without the phone, you are wrong again. Its smaller, has a better keyboard and IS a different phone. Please get your facts right before you open your mouth and show your stupidity.
MichaelBB

Jul 2, 2007, 2:22 PM
If VZW got the curve I'd be there the day it went on sale.
MichaelBB

Jul 6, 2007, 1:00 PM
From what I have been able to find out from verizon reps in the store and on the phone through corporate tele-sales they all said the Pearl is coming in a month or two, but NO curve.
tlee980

Jul 8, 2007, 1:39 PM
Thats interesting because I have talked to several reps including a friend I have that works for verizon and he is and others flat out say no pearl. They have been telling me maybe something like it but definately not the pearl. They keep trying to push the 8830 which im not interested in. One verizon rep told me most of there blackberry subscribers are government workers who are not interested in what the device look like and cant enter government areas with any type of camera device so they are not really interested in this phone. But I hope your right because rumors like that are what is keeping me with verizon.
Iwork4Tmobile

Aug 7, 2007, 1:48 PM
I used to work for Verizon. No pearl, a BB rep camein once and talked to us to educate the phones. No pearl. Guarentee that one. But expect some impressive PDA's from verizon in the near future
ErikNupe

Aug 7, 2007, 3:13 PM
Can you be more specific as to what models these "impressive pda's" are that you are speaking of?
gbr1ryder

Aug 20, 2007, 12:56 PM
Iwork4Tmobile,

wow you couldn't be more wrong on your comment on the pearl for vzw. they are definitely getting it! November!
chocolateman85006

Jul 11, 2007, 12:23 PM
Argonnj said:
ISellFones said:

Wrong. While you are right that the Curve is GSM, you are wrong on everything else. Unless you know something that everyone else doesn't, BBs first come out as GSM then CDMA 6 mos to a year later. So it will not "stay that way". As far as the 8830 being basically a Curve without the phone, you are wrong again. Its smaller, has a better keyboard and IS a different phone. Please get your facts right before you open your mouth and show your stupidity.

Since you like to insult peop...
(continues)
Argonnj

Jul 17, 2007, 9:35 PM
chocolateman85006 said:
Argonnj said:
ISellFones said:

(continues)
jjgreene

Jul 18, 2007, 9:20 AM
Although i don't like how your being such an A$$, your right these people are retarded.
chocolateman85006

Aug 22, 2007, 8:43 AM
Argonnj said:
chocolateman85006 said:
Argonnj said:
ISellFones said:

Wrong. While you are right that the Curve is GSM, you are wrong on everything else. Unless you know something that everyone else doesn't, BBs first come out as GSM then CDMA 6 mos to a year later. So it will not "stay that way". As far as the 8830 being basically a Curve without the phone, you are wrong again. Its smaller, has a better keyboard and IS a different phone. Please get your facts right before you open your mout
(continues)
ErikNupe

Jul 23, 2007, 7:08 AM
Now that at&t is about to release the Blackberry 8820 (with wi-fi and GPS) and phase out the 8800, will Verizon finally get around to releasing the Blackberry Curve? Also will the release it with wi-fi and GPS or will it be stripped to the bare minimum?

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.