Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 11 replies

new blackberry

vfa427

May 4, 2007, 10:14 AM
blackberry is releasing the Curve later this year, and again, it is a gsm phone. it looks freaking awesome, but i am a loyal and satusfied verizon customer. does anyone know when us verizon customers will have a pearl or curve-type blackberry available? i'm drooling over here!
lyn

May 4, 2007, 1:06 PM
I talked to a Sales Rep at Vzn yesterday regarding this phone. They told me the Blackberry 8830 would be available to business customers on may 14 and to the general public around the 24th.
vfa427

May 4, 2007, 1:52 PM
thanks. yes, i know that phone will be available, but i'm really waiting for a blackberry that combines productivity AND fun, such as the pearl or the curve. i feel like with verizon, we are always so limited as to what phones we can get.
Wireless Buddy

May 4, 2007, 10:01 PM
Get a PDA!
notch32

May 12, 2007, 4:32 AM
I agree i love verizon, but it seems every other carrier gets the cool phones. vzw is always playing catch up when it comes to their phones.
verizon_insider

Jun 18, 2007, 2:40 AM
Verizon is testing the Pearl...but no news as of yet...they want to make sure that cmda works like a charm...why do you think verizon is the best...for one...they dont rush out products..they wait and see how the market is and if product does well...
vfa427

May 4, 2007, 2:34 PM
i just wanted to clarify which blackberry i was talking about.
Rich Brome

May 15, 2007, 6:06 AM
The new 8830 does have a memory card slot and music player, so it's half-way there. A camera is really the only thing missing. The 8830 also has GPS - which the Curve lacks - and it's thinner than the Curve.

Looking at past model history as a guide... The 8800 (the direct GSM equivalent of the 8830) was first released in late February, so it only took them three months to come out with the CDMA version. Then again, the Pearl came out in September 2006 and there's still no CDMA version, so... who knows how long it will be before we see a true CDMA Curve. 😕
Argonnj

May 15, 2007, 11:07 AM
Rich Brome said:
Looking at past model history as a guide... The 8800 (the direct GSM equivalent of the 8830) was first released in late February, so it only took them three months to come out with the CDMA version. Then again, the Pearl came out in September 2006 and there's still no CDMA version, so... who knows how long it will be before we see a true CDMA Curve. 😕

I think the reason the 8830 came to be so fast was that many business and government users of the Blackberry use Verizon and the 8800 series is geared towards that segment. The Pearl and Curve are not and therefore are not as important to RIM to develop for CDMA.
skitso617

May 15, 2007, 5:03 PM
Argonnj

May 15, 2007, 7:42 PM
Nextel POS, that is what I think.
verizon_insider

Jun 18, 2007, 11:14 AM
Nextel is a POS....the phone is only half....the otherhalf is your carrier....and going with NEXTEL...is BAD....very Bad

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.