printed October 24, 2014
See this page online at:
http://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff=2&fi=5783

Home  ›  Forums  ›

General

Back to message list

Web browser

by SKiPDoG    Nov 26, 2003, 4:15 AM

I came across something interesting today, my wireless carrier is a local carrier here in northern California that offers unlimited wireless (SureWest Wireless), I have a Kyocera 2325 CDMA phone and two of my friends have Motorola T720 phones, My carrier DOES NOT offer wireless web but stated in the past they are working on it, we are offered something called "Data Connectivity" which allows us to connect our phones to a laptop and use as a wireless modem, both of my friend pay for the data connectivity, one of them bought his T720 used from our carrer and there was an IP address setup in the Uplink.A setting in the browser and a port # of 9202, the IP address resolves to a DSL IP in Canada but when they open thier browsers on the phones it goes to wap.yahoo.com, apparently this only works if you have the data connectivity service but our carrier STILL states they do not offer wireless web. does anyone know how this is working??

Report to moderator

Replies

Reply You must log in to reply.

Back to message list

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Phone Scoop on Google+ Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2014 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.