See this page online at:
http://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff=2&fi=5501

Home  ›  Forums  ›

General

Back to message list

CDMA or GSM-HELP!!

by CRCinOklnd    Nov 25, 2003, 1:31 AM

Hi All!
I am a current Verizon user in the S.F.-Bay area, and have excellent service with them for 4 years now. But I have been intrigued for a long time with GSM service and the phones connected with it. I need peoples input and opinions here. Is GSM better than CDMA and why? I heard the voice quality is better, but is it by much? A year or two ago, I heard GSM was terrible here(as far as signal strength, dropped calls, etc)...has it improved? From what I've seen on the maps and from what co-workers and friends say, it is yes. Now if I decide to go GSM's way, I've decided to go with either AT&T or Cingular, because they have the upcoming 850 frequency besides the already existing 1900. T-Mobile only has 1900 from what I've seen.
So between AT&T and Cingular, who's got better coverage and service?
As far as phones, I don't need camera's or a lot of games, gadgets, etc...I'm more concerned that it works well. For AT&T my choices are:
NEC515(due to it being "quad-band")
Siemens M56, S56, or SL56(just saw one tonight, pretty cool!) or the Sony-Ericson T226.
For Cingular I've choosen: LG4050, Siemens S56, SL56 or the S.E. T226.
So please help me decide if going to GSM is worth the switch, and which carrier(AT&T or Cingular) is better, and which phone within that carrier you would recommend. I know a tall order here, but I'd appreciate all opinions! Thanks!
Chris

Report to moderator

Replies

Reply You must log in to reply.

Back to message list

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Phone Scoop on Google+ Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2014 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.