Steps to Reset a Lithium Ion Cell Phone Battery
1. Use the lithium ion battery installed in the cell phone until the battery power is completely consumed. This will not harm the lithium ion battery because it comes with an internal "safety board".
2. Take the battery out of the cell phone and put it on a charger which is designed for the lithium ion battery. With the charger turned off, connect the battery to the charger following manufacturer's instructions.
3. Plug the charger in and allow the battery to be fully charged. Normally this will take 2 to 4 hours, depending on the remaining battery power. The charger will sense a voltage drop characteristic of the lithium ion battery reaching full charge and automatically stop the charging.
4. Turn the charger off. Now the state-of-charge circuit is reset. Remove the battery and return it to the cell phone which it powers. It's best to use the cell phone immediately for a short period to drain some of the battery power. Lithium ion batteries can last longer if they are not left at full charge.
5. Repeat the reset procedure about once a month (every 30 recharges or so) to ensure the state-of-charge circuit is functioning properly.
- Re: Steps to Reset a Lithium Ion Cell Phone Battery by Doom Wolf