printed November 23, 2014
See this page online at:
http://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff=2&fi=3177483

Home  ›  Forums  ›

General

Back to message list

Need a phone with easy-to-read screen text & icons

by OhiKennedy    Aug 30, 2012, 7:45 PM

I'm having a devil of a time finding info on this, so if anyone can point me to another discussion thread here or info/resources anywhere on the Web I'll be grateful!

I need to get a new cell phone for use in North America only. I have a hard time making out the tiny icons which are used for most cell phones' home screens & menus, & I also want to use large text for built-in functions & displays. For example, instead of most of a "contacts" screen being given over to borders, unused fields & an image placeholder for a photo I'll never use, I'd like to display just the name & other info I actually have in 12 pt. or larger text. Or, when the screen displays an incoming call, I'd like the text to be 18 pt. or so. Extra credit & cookies if I can actually customize the home screen to get rid of the icons I never use!

I've actually downloaded user manuals for a few phones (& even then wasn't able to tell if I could do what I wanted in some cases!) but I can't do this for every phone on the market. I can't help but believe this info must be available *somewhere* -- after all, people are using their phones in more environments & circumstances than ever before, & everyone's eyes are only getting older & less acute! Wink

If it matters, I'd primarily be using the phone for calls & text messages on the Sprint network, & the only "data transmission" I'd probably need is occasionally e-mailing a photo I take with the phone or downloading a ring tone. Thanks for your help!

Report to moderator

Replies

No replies to this message

Reply You must log in to reply.

Back to message list

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Phone Scoop on Google+ Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2014 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.