Phone Scoop

printed October 20, 2014
See this page online at:
http://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff=2&fi=2743

Home  ›  Forums  ›

General

Back to message list

Top message:  GSM vs. CDMA vs. TDMA ?? by Damion   Nov 10, 2003, 8:05 PM

Replying to:  Re: GSM vs. CDMA vs. TDMA ?? by Rich Brome   Nov 11, 2003, 11:28 AM

Re: GSM vs. CDMA vs. TDMA ??

by Lena    Nov 11, 2003, 11:48 AM

We were with Sprint when they switched from Sprint Spectrum to Sprint PCS. There was a class action suit by the Spectrum customers and Sprint settled by providing replacement phones for all Spectrum customers to convert to PCS, allowing customers to keep their rates as specified in their plans. It was a decent deal from Sprint, but many customers had long waits at the stores, or gave up entirely, when trying to get their replacement phone (they had to turn in their old phone and get re-activated).

Hopefully, ATT will learn from the Sprint conversion and make their switch painless.

I'm concerned because I use CallPlus, a prepay operating on the ATT TDMA system. For the little bit I use a cellphone, their rates beat all the major carriers plans, prepay and service. And I'd hate to give up my Nokia 8260.

Report to moderator

Replies

No replies to this message

Reply You must log in to reply.

Back to message list

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Phone Scoop on Google+ Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2014 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.