printed October 23, 2014
See this page online at:
http://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff=2&fi=2108

Home  ›  Forums  ›

General

Back to message list

Featured Article, Prepaid: Exposed, is misleading

by Lena    Nov 7, 2003, 5:50 AM

The featured article by Carlos Espinal, titled "Prepaid; Exposed" concludes that prepay is expensive. Is keeping a phone in the glove box for emergencies and a few calls a month for $3.33 per month expensive? Not everyone in the country has a cell phone glued to their ear. There are actually some folks, me included, that average a minute or less per day on a cell phone. We use the cell phone once in a while, keep it short, just to keep in touch with the spouse or kids, and don't have stocks to track or eBay auctions to snipe at while on the road. Don't know of any "service" plan for less than $20/month plus taxes, and most seem to start at $30/month. (Here in Montgomery County, MD, there is a cell phone tax of $2 on service plans). My prepay service, through eCallPlus, uses the AT&T TDMA network, and airtime cards can be purchased through Pharos International for as low as $10, good for 90 days, making the cost of keeping a low usage phone available for $3.33/month, and no additional taxes! (Sure, I know that any working cell phone can be used to call 911 for free). Prepay could really bite someone who chats alot and doesn't track their usage. But for folks who use a cell phone less than a couple of minutes a day, service plans are expensive.

Report to moderator

Replies

Reply You must log in to reply.

Back to message list

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Phone Scoop on Google+ Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2014 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.