Phone Scoop

printed November 25, 2014
See this page online at:
http://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff=2&fi=161999

Home  ›  Forums  ›

General

Back to message list

Replying to:  Just a qusetion about lock codes by Rhayes76   Jan 11, 2005, 12:17 PM

Re: Just a qusetion about lock codes

by littlefuzzbear    Jan 11, 2005, 12:34 PM

Rhayes76 said:
with all the HOOPLA about getting unlock codes for cells, for the ppl who have gotten their phone unlicked why not help others by posting the codes ot what the technique is to applying the codes. I for one have about 3 phone to be unlocked for AT&T but I am not going to send it off just for someone to keep. Surprised

Part of the reason is that there are no "generic" codes to unlock handsets. The unlock code is generated by algorythm computed from the IMEI of each handset and is unique to each handset. There are places on the net where you can get "remote" unlocking done i.e. you either input your details to an on line site that will compute the unlock code or you download an application that you run on your computer to calculate the unlock codes. Unlock code on line places as well as unlock applications are readily available for Nokia DCT3 and DCT4 handsets. I'm not sure what's available for other manufacturers such as Mot, Siemans, Ericsson etc. As far as how to apply the codes that information is usually documented in several places. Some unlocking codes require that you have a non-native SIM to accomplish the unlock. Others you don't even need a SIM (Nokias for example.)

Report to moderator

Replies

Reply You must log in to reply.

Back to message list

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Phone Scoop on Google+ Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2014 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.