http://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff=2&fh=8865

Home  ›  Forums  ›

General

all discussions

show all 6 replies

Just need a phone I can trust

ScubaGod

Dec 16, 2003, 8:12 PM
A cell phone is more than a convenience for us, it is a piece of safety equipment. We are currently using Sanyo 5300 phones on Sprint.

We have always experienced a problem with the receive signal strength going from max to zero and calls dropping. This happen even when we are standing still. We have downloaded the new PRL lists until we are blue in the face but it has no effect on the problem.

On a recent dive trip I was trying to make a call with the usual bad results (thank God it was not an emergency) when I looked over and saw my sons girlfriend busy chatting away on her cell phone. I ran over and asked who her carrier was, she said "Sprint." I stood right next to her and tried again to make my call but all I got was "No servi...
(continues)
MANIAC

Dec 17, 2003, 8:14 AM
You have a failed phone. In ALL tests Sanyo handsets have outperformed all other handsets on the Sprint PCS network. If your phone is less than a year old get it handled under warranty... call it "low/no rx". Look in the Sprint forum here... ask the question there...

It is what it is.
ScubaGod

Dec 17, 2003, 9:42 AM
If this is true then I have four (4) failed phones. Each of my three divemasters also has a Sprint phone and they all work the same.
nicko

Dec 17, 2003, 10:03 PM
:twisted you want the panasonic or the samsung
plur2k

Dec 31, 2003, 12:08 AM
amen. i have had 10 sprint phones in the last 6 years and 6 of them various brands but 4 of them sanyos. no phone ever got reception in my house because i live in a fringe area, until i got a sanyo. i was ready to cancel my sprint service because i couldn't use the phones at home but when i went with sanyo i had no problems. with the 4 sanyos i have owned i've never had a single problem with any of them. matter of fact two of my old models are being used by friends and family and the are in good as new working condition. i sold my 5300 to a co-worker for $100.00 and he is very pleased with it. i think he got a bargain. i totally agree with you that sanyo phones exceed all other phones that sptint has to offer.
kboro

Dec 31, 2003, 3:39 PM
thats because sprint sucks! sprint's network is so small and ****ty, thats why you couldnt get reception up in the boonies where you live. you need to go with a good one with quality like cingular

sprint sucks
PupaScoopa

Dec 22, 2003, 4:37 PM
You should NOT put 100% trust into a wireless phone. Always have a backup plan, and be prepared for it to fail at any given moment. It's a very complicated electronic radio device, much more than a simple landline phone.

The PRL won't change a thing since it is the list that scans for system IDs, not effecting receiver sensitivity.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2017 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.

This is a preview. Click for full glossary page.