Phone Scoop

printed October 6, 2015
See this page online at:

Home  ›  Forums  ›

all discussions

cdma question

Aug 9, 2004, 10:05 PM
quick question may be stupid but it is really bugging me if i have a trimode cdma phone with 1xrtt and am using it with lets say cricket but decide i want to roam (cricket is only local and does not allow roaming) will i be able to take that same phone to verizon they use the same network frequencys and "data" technology shouldn't it work or am i missing something? please help me this question has been bugging me for a long time

Aug 10, 2004, 1:36 AM
Depends... even with the phones and bands being the same, if the firmware is different, it will cause problems, especially in things like data.
Rich Brome

Aug 10, 2004, 1:41 PM
In theory, yes. But then there's the real world... Wink

First, the phone may be locked. I don't know if Cricket locks their phones or not. If they don't, then yes, you should be able to take the phone to Verizon and at least get it working for voice, and basic services such as SMS and caller ID.

For data, it's usually more complicated, especially with CDMA. Chances are, no, it won't work. Many carriers use different authentication methods, and sometimes different technologies such as Java vs. BREW, proprietary MMS technologies, etc.

Aug 13, 2004, 10:07 PM
the real world sucks a lot i paid 170 for this thing and i can;t roam man that sucks Confused what is up with that unlocking software thread any truth to that sorry i just really like my phone but hate contracts and want to roam... I may want too much

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2015 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.