Phone Scoop

printed November 26, 2015
See this page online at:

Home  ›  Forums  ›

all discussions

Kyocera KX414 or Nokia 3589i ???

Dec 4, 2003, 8:08 PM
Hi. I am looking to a purchase a new phone for my Verizon service in New York City. My only condition is that I do not want a flip phone. It seems like the Kyocera KX414 and Nokia 3589i are the two newest, best non-flip phones being offered by Verizon currently. I am not interested in emailing, using the web, having a picture phone, any of that stuff. I just want a phone with good reception, good sound, and the ability to download the ring tones for my favorite songs. Any comments on either of these two phones would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Dec 4, 2003, 11:30 PM
what a great question! i have the perfect answer for you. Nokia has just recently splashed back onto the Verizon scene after they experienced initial problems with earlier releases. They just couldn't seem to get CDMA down right. Apparently, they've worked it all out and have released the 3589i. The phone doesnt say much for looks. Small, boxy, with sharp edges and lines. yuck! Kyocera is an offshoot of Qualcomm which is the company that makes the insides of every phone on CDMA network. Kyocera are inherently easy to use with simple menu options. The KX414 is sleek with smooth edges and curves. Its smaller that the Nokia and alot prettier. I say stick with the Kyocera and you wont go wrong.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2015 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.