Phone Scoop

printed December 1, 2015
See this page online at:

Home  ›  Forums  ›

all discussions

GSM unlocking

Nov 24, 2003, 6:26 PM
I've got a Motorola v60i which was used on the Cingular system. I believe the phone is "locked" to Cingular, but am not certain as I am not the original owner. I'd like to take the phone with me to Australia next month to use on a prepaid system, so I've got a couple of questions:

1) Is there a way that I can confirm that the phone is locked?

2) Assuming the phone is locked how do I go about unlocking it? Through a Google search, I've found several websites that promise to perform this service. Are any of them reputable?

3) How can I confirm that the phone has been unlocked? It would be nice to know this before I get over to Australia.

4) What are the legal issues involved in unlocking?

Any help will be greatly appreciate...

Nov 27, 2003, 7:45 PM
The deal is the only way you can check if its unlocked is by popping in another sim from a diff. carrier. Legal issues none at this time. As in Aust. All I can say is yes you can but the trick is finding a location out there to un lock your phone. Wich should not be hard to do it has been done.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2015 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.