Phone Scoop

printed November 27, 2015
See this page online at:

Home  ›  Forums  ›

all discussions

Inexpensive Low Signal Solutions?

Jan 11, 2013, 10:29 AM
I will be moving to a hilly rural area with significant variations in cell phone reception.

While checking rentals, noticed for many houses there is acceptable reception outdoors but when go inside the reception is unacceptable.

Anyone know of inexpensive solutions for this in house low signal problem?

Jan 13, 2013, 12:03 PM
Contact your carrier to review your options in improving reception in the house. They may be able to offer a device that plugs in though your internet access to help assist with reception within the home. If you are with Sprint, contact Technical Support and they will review your options.

Jan 14, 2013, 2:30 PM

"Contact your carrier to review your options in improving reception in the house"

At this time I have no carrier and even do not have a house lease.

Would like to determine my options before getting locked in to a carrier contract.

May have to test any option before going with a specific carrier but do not know if this is allowed.

Since the carriers have different bands, I wonder if the carriers with the lower frequencies have better hilly areas reception but it would also depend on the distance from the tower and its location so may have to test each carrier's phone in the specific house?

Thanks for the suggestions.

Jan 15, 2013, 8:16 PM
There's an internet provider for that zone (either cable or satellite internet). Ask your carrier about wifi callling; or maybe even a prepaid plan with an specific device can allow you to switch to your home's wifi when available, you will both save minutes and have way better signal.

Jan 24, 2013, 2:50 AM
Probably u can restart your device Aπϑ try it again...Smile

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2015 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.