http://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff=2&fh=3143960

Home  ›  Forums  ›

General

all discussions

So...A Little Confused

sparker781

Jun 23, 2012, 9:31 AM
Embarassed

I know what 4G LTE is from Verizon and I keep hearing that other carries have ramped up 3G that they're calling 4G but am really confused as to what T-Mobile and Sprint offers from their service and their network. Sorry I know I've posted before but am swaying towards T-Mobile here since Verizon got rid of their Unlimited Data and I feel as though they may be the better option out of Sprint but if someone can explain the difference between the 2 carries technologies I'd appreciate it

Thanks
hobble

Jun 23, 2012, 7:47 PM
Sprint has NO LTE. None. Fell through when clearwire filed for bankruptcy. Atnt has h+ which is 4g and much faster than most carriers 3g as well as the popular lte. t-mobile, no lte 4g, but like atnt they are gsm and have an hspa network as well. And if you're lucky you might live in a city where verizon has 4g.
sparker781

Jun 23, 2012, 9:17 PM
I live in the Boston area and Verizon does offer 4G LTE where I live. That being said they are also doing away with Unlimited data and am worried that if I reup with them and get say the 2GB plan per month which is $30 then I might go over. 5GB is $50 a month and so on....That's why I was asking.

Thanks
Rich Brome

Jul 15, 2012, 12:30 PM
T-Mobile has upgraded nearly all of their 3G network to offer speeds very similar to Verizon's 4G. Data speed is the main benefit, so there's not much else to say / compare there, unless you have specific questions.

Sprint is a bit more complicated. They launched a true 4G technology called WiMAX a few years ago. It's fast, but not as fast as LTE. Frankly, it never worked very well. So now Sprint is switching 4G technologies, to LTE, just like Verizon. They launched the first LTE cities today, actually. But it's just a handful of cities for now. Over the next year, their LTE network will expand to cover many more cities, but Verizon has a massive head start in LTE coverage.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2015 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.