See this page online at:
http://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff=2&fh=2980297

Home  ›  Forums  ›

General

all discussions

Photon echo while making voice calls

kwilliby

Oct 21, 2011, 9:53 AM
I read many reviews about the Photon and found little things wrong with it. One of the strongest things was it's voice quality while making voice calls.

I bought the phone and LOVE everything about it with ONE exception. While making voice calls I notice a 'sort of ' echo or reverberation while i'm speaking into the phone. the person i'm talking to sounds great, and they say i sound great. But I hear myself echoing a little while i'm talking. It gets worse when i speak louder so i try to speak quietly to keep the noise down.

i can't find anyone else complaining about this. i compared it to a EVO 4G and the EVO didn't make this noise at all, no matter how loud i talked.

This is my first smart phone. i hate to take it back ju...
(continues)
soundwave

Oct 25, 2011, 7:46 PM
I have the same phone and havent really noticed this yet on my photon, maybe once. I have noticed it on about every other cell phone ive ever owned. Its happens periodically,i just assumed it was something to do with the network.

You could try this as well, i did it to mine, but i didnt notice anything change, might be worth it though.

http://www.phonescoop.com/articles/article.php?a=9075 »
Phonescoop showed there was an update for the photon, i dont think anything about call quality was included but it couldnt hurt,
kwilliby

Oct 26, 2011, 9:00 AM
thanks for the info. i did install the update noted above and didn't notice any change. i'll just learn to get used to the sound. i love the phone!

thanks!
vercetti

Oct 26, 2011, 9:10 AM
call care or tech and have them refresh your voice services see if that helps. Tech would be better suited to do it...dont call from that phone, use home of family members phone.
kwilliby

Oct 26, 2011, 9:14 AM
i'm not sure what you mean by 'call care or tech'. do you mean to call motorola tech support?

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2015 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.