http://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff=2&fh=2362379

Home  ›  Forums  ›

General

all discussions

show all 13 replies

New ATT Phone

jshoe

Apr 18, 2010, 12:01 PM
I really like WM phones. Does anyone have the official android website so I can learn more? I'm looking to get either a Samsung Jack or HTC Tilt II. WHich is better? But I want to also check out this new OS. THanks
Nobodey

Apr 18, 2010, 5:41 PM
www.android.com
But your best bet to learn more is engadget and/or CNET
jshoe

Apr 19, 2010, 9:52 AM
Thanks. Is there any current WM 6.x phones you reccomend?
WernerCD

Apr 20, 2010, 4:48 PM
Windows Mobile is made by Microsoft.

Android is (mainly) made by Google.

That's like saying you like Windows and asking which version of iMac you should get.
jshoe

Apr 20, 2010, 5:55 PM
i know its not.... i said im getting a new wm phone but am also looking to consider android and asked for advantedges and disadvantedges..... i also asked which is ciurrently the best wm 6.x phone...
WernerCD

Apr 20, 2010, 6:10 PM
Ahh... wording got me confused.

Main advantage of WM? Not being able to waste money on new apps.

The main advantage of Android over WM6.5? New development. Anything not 7+WM is pretty much dead, or will be soon.

With MS releasing WM7, anything that has 6.5 or less is pretty much as is. I've heard okay things about some HTC WM6.5 phones, but if ya get something in that area your not going to get much else as far as new stuff. You'll have what you have, for better or worse.
jshoe

Apr 20, 2010, 6:20 PM
well whats the best wm 6.5 phone? on att
Menno

Apr 21, 2010, 9:34 AM
Touch Pro 2.. Or whatever ATT calls it. It's the HTC phone that has a slide out keyboard, kickstand, etc...
http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=2090 »
Apparently they called it the tilt

Though there is a rumor that the HD2 passed the FCC with ATT bands.. that would be worth waiting for if you insist on getting a Winmo phone now.

Otherwise wait for att to replace a Winmo7 phone, or the Desire (android) assuming they don't cripple it. The Nexus One (android) is also a good alternative, but you have to buy it retail.
WernerCD

Apr 21, 2010, 10:44 AM
Current AT&T Windows Mobile Phones compared:
http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/compare.php?id[]=25 ... »

Above poster said Touch Pro 2... although the Jack has good reviews as well.

No personal experience with any of them, although everything I've heard about HTC phones is good.
jshoe

Apr 22, 2010, 8:41 PM
I did forget to mention AT&T is offering me the Jack for free and the HTC Tilt II for $199. I'd like to stick with WM and I would like a new phone. I currently have a Blackjack II. Which would you pick for a 2 yr upgrade?

The reason I'm not waiting for WM 7 is because it isn't coming out until the end of the year.
WernerCD

Apr 22, 2010, 8:55 PM
Yeah... If I get a WM it's going to be 7 - but I'm willing to wait Smile

But if those are your two options... The Tilt2 for $200 *IS* a better phone:
http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/compare.php?id%5B%5 ... »

Touch2:
* Windows Mobile Pro
* Better screen
* bigger screen
* Better standby time (Talk time is same tho)
* More Memory
* Faster High Speed Data (If applicable to you)
* Predictive Text Entry
* TV Out
* Push-To-Talk

Jack:
* Windows Mobile Standard
* Free

Not sure of difference between WM Pro and Standard. Otherwise the phones aren't terribly different.

I like Samsung and HTC is rated real well as well.

Otherwise... read the reviews left by the other users of Phonescoop for each phone.. they both...
(continues)
jshoe

Apr 22, 2010, 10:09 PM
3G isnt offered around here and they both offer it anyway. I dont need TV out, but what kind of port is it? I dont need push to talk nor predictive text entry.

So it looks like the Jack fits the bill as long as there isn't anything else I'm missing...
jameijune

Apr 22, 2010, 10:05 AM
The new AT&T phones are great. What is awesome is any GSM SIM-enabled phone will work great on Fuzion Mobile. They are a new autopay service provider just recently launched. FuzionMobile.com is the site.
jshoe

Apr 22, 2010, 10:10 AM
Thanks but I'm asking about AT&T network and phones.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2017 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.

This is a preview. Click for full glossary page.