Phone Scoop

printed December 12, 2017
See this page online at:
http://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff=2&fh=2340435

Home  ›  Forums  ›

General

all discussions

show all 8 replies

Sprint HTC EVO vs. ALL - who wins; you decide... secret information disclosed (jk)...

DE 2 Philly

Mar 27, 2010, 11:32 AM
Sprint HTC EVO -

*First 4G phone
*Android 2.1
*Newest HTC Sense(only phone w/ newest vers.)
*Snapdragon proc. 1000mhz
*Adobe Flash for internet
*512 MB RAM / 1024 MB ROM
*3G/4G wireless connectivity "hotspot" to connect up to 8 devices at once for data access
*4.3 inch capactive touchscreen
*8 megapixel w/ flash (dual LED) camera & 1.3 megapixel w/ flash FRONT facing camera for video chats etc. - HD Video recording -
*30,000+ Apps
*Kickstand for viewing vids etc.

--------------- website quotes ----------------

www.engadet.com...

"Sprint just dropped the hard news: the phone will be dubbed the HTC EVO 4G, will be released this Summer and it's easily the best specced phone we've ever witnessed."

Phonearena.com...

(continues)
yockmeister

Mar 27, 2010, 12:30 PM
I gotta say the HTC EVO blows all other phones out of the water PERIOD
DE 2 Philly

Mar 28, 2010, 9:33 PM
Is this thread really lagging this much? I'm shocked - I thought I'd have I-phone, Droid etc. fanboys bashing this phone - where ya'll at? Or has this phone finally trumped all?
WernerCD

Mar 29, 2010, 3:25 PM
Well.... Droid fanbois are Android fanbois, of which this is an Android phone.

Apple fanboi's are AT&T customers, of which this is a Sprint phone.

And... yeah... well this is a Sprint phone. I like Sprint personally, but their network is not as big as it needs to be to truely crush the iPhone market.

Not much different than when the G1/MyTouch 3G hit T-Mobile. Great phones, but... T-Mobile... Or Palm's phones on Sprint. Great phones, good carrier, but still... not in the same league as VZW/AT&T (yet...?).

Until Sprint/Clear covers 95% with 4G, this is no iPhone killer.
DE 2 Philly

Mar 29, 2010, 4:13 PM
I understand your reasonings; however saying Sprints network isnt up to par as AT&Ts is a joke - Sprints network is as good/better than VZW or AT&T - we have the spectrum to support a phone like this (AT&T doesnt) - but also, even if your running this phone on 3G it still (specifications wise) tops the iphone - agree or disagree?
Amarantamin

Mar 30, 2010, 2:09 PM
Agree.

Also, with roaming agreements, Sprint has a pretty hefty network available. I get better service with Sprint everywhere than I did with ATT. 4G is unravelling quickly, but it's not needed to enjoy the EVO.
WernerCD

Mar 30, 2010, 2:57 PM
Well... I had Sprint before (now on AT&T) and if I went off my GF's plan, I'd most likely go back to Sprint.

With the aforementioned roaming on Verizon to make up for their smaller network, things really aren't *THAT* bad on Sprint, currently.

BUT with that being said, their network *IS* smaller. That does make a difference as I do hear more about dropped calls with Sprint than the other networks. personally, That difference IS made up for by their *MUCH* better plans, so as far as I sell its a choice: Bigger bills for the bigger networks... or smaller bills for slightly more dropped calls and more roaming needed (And better pricing scheme)

There are plenty of phones out that have better spec's than the iPhone Smile I'd say Droid/Mome...
(continues)
Nobodey

Mar 30, 2010, 2:31 PM
I don't understand what the big deal is about this phone. It is missing so many things that I really want in a phone. For example:

1. AM Tuner
2. CB Radio
3. pre-installed fart apps
4. Instruction manual for paperweight mode
5. shuriken mode
6. transformation abilities (hopefully autobot)
7. One touch dialing to the Ghostbusters
8. Mountain Dew dispenser.
9. Built-in counterfeit quality printer
and lastly
10. a third, x-ray through clothes camera.

Seriously HTC? What were you thinking?
DE 2 Philly

Mar 31, 2010, 11:31 AM
lol, seriously

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2017 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.

This is a preview. Click for full glossary page.