Phone Scoop

printed December 15, 2017
See this page online at:
http://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff=2&fh=2228622

Home  ›  Forums  ›

General

all discussions

show all 7 replies

BB 8330 from Sprint...suggestions please???

icldntthinkofnethingelse

Nov 30, 2009, 3:39 PM
My bf broke the screen on his phone Sad ...not the plastic cover but the screen under it. now it looks like the snow screen TV's get when theres no signal or something.

we've already priced the piece itself and its $70 which would be for us to replace ourselves (neither of us know how btw)...

our insurance through Sprint, theres a $100 deductible for someone else to fix it and the part is paid for.

should we use our insurance or try to fix it ourselves???

we would have to pay the $100 upfront right?

for someone who works with sprint...do u know if it would be covered??? he didn't drop it, slam it on anything, hit anything with it...just turned the phone on and it was broke.
SanchezValdovino

Nov 30, 2009, 4:26 PM
What i would do since i do work for sprint.. first i would take it to a store and tell them i just turned it on and it was like this and they might be able to do an advanced exchange on this phone and you wouldnt have to pay anything if it was a phone defect. But if they see it has been damaged or dropped then yes you would have to go through the TEP and pay the 100.00 unless you have a billable acct and then they would be able to bill to your acct.
icldntthinkofnethingelse

Nov 30, 2009, 4:38 PM
oh ok...i didnt know they had advance exchanges available. do u know if it matters that i didnt buy my phone thru sprint...i bought it through a 3rd party dealership but i was eligible for the carrier insurance.
SanchezValdovino

Nov 30, 2009, 4:42 PM
if you got insurance you should be able to take it to a sprint repair center. They will try and see if they fix it which they prolly wont be able to and then they would do the advaced exchange..
Coil

Nov 30, 2009, 4:35 PM
100 comes on your bill or done in store - iot doesnt matter an outside company handles insurance not Sprint - but 99.9% of problems like that aren't 'fixed' they'll just give you a new or refurbished blackberry...
icldntthinkofnethingelse

Nov 30, 2009, 4:39 PM
oh ok...thx yall Very Happy Very Happy
DE 2 Philly

Dec 2, 2009, 10:41 AM
I work for a Sprint corporate store. The Price to fix a physically damaged smart phone screen(which it is in this case) in store is $119.99 even if you have insurance since physical damage is no longer covered IN-STORE. OR* you can go through Assurion and it will be a $100 deductable they can either BTA or take over the phone w/ a CC or Debit. THE STORE WILL NOT take a $100 deductable payment for the insurance company. Hope this helps!
mist668

Dec 2, 2009, 7:28 PM
He just turned it on and it was broke. Laughing

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2017 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.

This is a preview. Click for full glossary page.