See this page online at:
http://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff=2&fh=186

Home  ›  Forums  ›

General

all discussions

New Website Suggestion

ajbiggie

Oct 17, 2003, 2:37 PM
This new website is OUTSTANDING!!!! Looks great! This has been my home away from home for a while now!

I do have one suggestion, for the forums, could you launch a full page forum such as phpBB? It makes it a lot easier to participate in discussions and find interesting stuff!
I'd keep the ability to add messages for each phone individually and stuff! That feature is real cool! Just for the main forum, it should be a little easier to scroll and read the comments of users and stuff!

Keep up the great work!
Cool Razz
Rich Brome

Oct 18, 2003, 12:30 AM
ajbiggie said:
This new website is OUTSTANDING!!!! Looks great! This has been my home away from home for a while now!

Thanks!

I do have one suggestion, for the forums, could you launch a full page forum such as phpBB? It makes it a lot easier to participate in discussions and find interesting stuff!

I'm not sure what you mean. Do you mean you prefer phpBB to this forum system, or that you want it to stretch across the full width of the window? ...or something else? Confused
ajbiggie

Oct 18, 2003, 2:06 AM
I was just saying that anything to the format of phpbb.com or vbulletin.com forums. It just makes it easy to reply, see what was said by scrolling and also allow the users to customize their appearance. (Optionally if you want to allow something like that of course.) It's a lot easier than having to read a message and keep clicking links to see what other people have to say about that topic, etc.

Again, this is a suggestion I'd like to see applied to the main forum at least. I like the fact that people can leave messages next to each individual phone and all. That's cool. But if you wanted to, you could incorporate that into the main forum too. But I like those small message sections just the way they are.

Hope that helps. Le...
(continues)
Rich Brome

Oct 21, 2003, 11:43 PM
ajbiggie said:
It just makes it easy to reply, see what was said by scrolling
It's a lot easier than having to read a message and keep clicking links to see what other people have to say about that topic, etc.

Ah - I see. Yes, and I agree with you!

However... Wink

...one thing that really bugs me about that format is that sometimes it's hard to tell who's replying to what. And even when you can, the conversation frequently wanders off-topic, and then has to be "steered" back on track by someone.

For a really active thread, there can be ten different conversations happening all at once, all jumbled together and split up across arbitrary pages. It gets really hard to...
(continues)
ajbiggie

Oct 24, 2003, 8:50 AM
Point taken and you have a very valid one! Wink Just mainly hated clicking 20 times Smile You're right though, it does help to keep the conversation on track (Usually). I've never thought of it that way. So if that's your motive, this will probably be better. I just always looked at forums to be open and sometimes the tangents end up being very productive and are what makes forums fun. But in the essence of this beautiful site and its mission, I'll close by saying great job on the design of the site as well as the forum!! Very Happy
captainplooky

Mar 4, 2007, 5:24 PM
Perhaps you could implement some Ajax scripts to dynamically display the content of each "reply" while allowing the user to stay positioned on one page which contains the hierarchal navigation map.

Of course, then you would have to decide how you would handle large hierarchal navigation maps and long responses.

Just an idea I had, for this site and others.
Neitzey

Oct 21, 2003, 9:50 AM
I think he means a link opened in a new window. Wink
Cingular Fits You Best

Mar 3, 2007, 10:40 PM
Sounds good.
littlefuzzbear

Mar 4, 2007, 12:21 PM
Cingular Fits You Best said:
Sounds good.

A little slow on the uptake are we cingie? This thread dates back to October 2003!
captainplooky

Mar 4, 2007, 5:25 PM
Laughing

I've been had.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2015 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.