Phone Scoop

printed October 8, 2015
See this page online at:

Home  ›  Forums  ›

all discussions

Voice Memo Button

Nov 1, 2003, 6:40 PM
Good evening!

I am shopping for a GSM cell phone (T-mobile) that has a voice-memo BUTTON on the side of the phone.

The only phone I have found that has this SL55.

Does anyone else know of a phone that has a button solely for the purpose of recording voice memos?

Thanks in advance!
Tooling Engineer

Nov 4, 2003, 8:19 PM
After a very long and extremely detailed search for my phone, I purchased the new Sony Ericsson T616 (Used by both T-Mobile and Cingular). It has more features than I can name, but in regards to your question about a "voice memo" button on the side, it actually has four buttons (one on the right side of the phone, and the remaining three are located on the left):

The button on the right side is the "internet" button (by default) while two of the three on the left side operates a few multi-tasked feature but by default they are your "volume up and down" buttons. The last one is to activate and take pictures while using the intergrated camera.

To answer your question, "YES", the two volume buttons (actually any button on the phone wit...

Nov 4, 2003, 9:05 PM
fyi the t616 is also offered by aws

Nov 9, 2003, 10:33 AM
The v60 also has a voice memo button.
Rich Brome

Nov 9, 2003, 5:31 PM
Microsoft Smartphones have such a button.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2015 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.