See this page online at:
http://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff=2&fh=161991

Home  ›  Forums  ›

General

all discussions

Just a qusetion about lock codes

Rhayes76

Jan 11, 2005, 12:17 PM
with all the HOOPLA about getting unlock codes for cells, for the ppl who have gotten their phone unlicked why not help others by posting the codes ot what the technique is to applying the codes. I for one have about 3 phone to be unlocked for AT&T but I am not going to send it off just for someone to keep. Surprised
littlefuzzbear

Jan 11, 2005, 12:34 PM
Rhayes76 said:
with all the HOOPLA about getting unlock codes for cells, for the ppl who have gotten their phone unlicked why not help others by posting the codes ot what the technique is to applying the codes. I for one have about 3 phone to be unlocked for AT&T but I am not going to send it off just for someone to keep. Surprised

Part of the reason is that there are no "generic" codes to unlock handsets. The unlock code is generated by algorythm computed from the IMEI of each handset and is unique to each handset. There are places on the net where you can get "remote" unlocking done i.e. you either input your details to an on line site that will compute the unlock code or you download an application that you ...
(continues)
Rhayes76

Jan 12, 2005, 9:27 AM
So basically you need to have the phone activated when using remote unloc?
littlefuzzbear

Jan 12, 2005, 10:26 AM
Rhayes76 said:
So basically you need to have the phone activated when using remote unloc?

No. The codes are generated remotely either through an unlock code generator on your own PC or through an on line unlock code generator application that you download. It does not require that you have a phone that's activated. Why would you think that it was necessary to have an activated phone?
Rhayes76

Jan 12, 2005, 11:28 AM
Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised
bad on me I figured that since it is called remote it is sent to the phone via cell towers.
iaiwc

Oct 16, 2008, 12:44 AM
Actually you can get the unlock code from your carrier. AT&T will submit unlock code case at no chrg and they will email unlock code and instructions in 5-7 business days. If it's a second hand device all you need to do is fax imei#, your name, contact #, email address and proof of purchase to AT&T unlock code team. JUST REMEMBER YOU ONLY HAVE 5 TRIES TO UNLOCK OR THE DEVICE WILL BE PERMANENTLY LOCKED TO CARRIERS SERVICES ONLY!
AmandaLJ

Feb 22, 2013, 11:07 PM
I just bought a unlock code pretty cheap from www.unlocktotalk.com They sent me the code and instructions within ten minutes!!! It was so simple and worked perfectly!! : ) Check them out it's so easy and fast!
sic

Feb 22, 2013, 11:34 PM
SUCCESS.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2015 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.