http://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff=2&fh=10842

Home  ›  Forums  ›

General

all discussions

show all 13 replies

i need help deciding which phone to get!!!! :roll:

kboro

Dec 26, 2003, 10:30 PM
hi readers, i am in a cycle of confusion. i have read everything about the nextel i95 and the nextel i730
but now I need your help. I am pondering which of the two to get.
PLEASE post and tell me your thoughts about both and/or which one to get

thank you Very Happy
sprinthater

Dec 27, 2003, 1:20 PM
maybe you should consider a different company all together because you are still going to get alot of dropped call and static.
kboro

Dec 27, 2003, 1:54 PM
ok, i might. thank you

but now i dunno which one. i was thinking t-mobile for the v300 phone, or waiting for cingular to come out with the v400(which will be out soon)

any suggestions?
sprinthater

Dec 27, 2003, 5:50 PM
it truly depend on the type of service you want, are you okay with a few drop call and care more about a cool phone????
kboro

Dec 27, 2003, 5:57 PM
COOL PHONE
kboro

Dec 27, 2003, 6:01 PM
BUT, i do have cingular right now, and that is a great wireless brand, never any problems, but i dunno, the v300 looks cooler, to me anyways. so again which one should i get?
95mike

Dec 27, 2003, 9:26 PM
Nextel has no cool phones. You will want to stay gsm to get the good ones (aside from Sprint). I'd get an unlocked one of ebay. I'd also vote for any of the new v series. mp3 ringtones, flip, built in vga camera, it seem like the perfect phone to me. Hopefully it won't have any of the motorola problems.
kboro

Dec 27, 2003, 9:29 PM
thank you, thats the most helpful one yet. and yes i was thoinking bout getting the v300.

what is this an unlocked one on ebay?

thanx again
mmdstech2

Dec 28, 2003, 12:48 AM
Nextel has no cool phones? i730, or the Phat Farm i733? Cool enough for Russel Simmons, it's cool enough for me. Also Sprint does not offer any GSM handsets. They are CDMA.

http://nextelonline.nextel.com/NASApp/onlinestore/Ac ... »
mmdstech2

Dec 28, 2003, 12:52 AM
You don't get static on the Nextel network. Static is found on analog service. Nextel is 100% digital, packet data network. If you in a fringe area your voice will sound like a robot to the caller on the other end. As far as dropped calls go, Nextel in well under 2% unlike Verizon which runs closer to 5%.
MrPhoneScooper

Dec 27, 2003, 1:20 PM
I could definitely be wrong but my friend is a manager at radioshack and he said nextel isn't doing that good because their patent on the two-way is up. And there isn't going to be a nextel for that much longer.
mmdstech2

Dec 28, 2003, 1:03 AM
You are wrong. The technmology that Nextel uses is proprietory Motorola iDEN. No other carrier uses iDEN except Nextel. The technology that Sprint and Verizon are using is a VOIP application from I believe Winphoria. Verizons push to talk(or better, push to wait) service has serious latency issues. 8-10 seconds is normal. With nextel call setup is sub-second. I do like the v60p that Verizon uses with there service.
kboro

Dec 28, 2003, 10:14 PM
thanx mmdstech 2 for all your feedback. and i have been a nextel fan for a while, i thik trhe only reason that people dislike it and say it has ****ty service and dropped calls is because they live in the boondocks or sumthin! and yes the i730 is WAY COOL! they took the i95 off of the market so maybe they are planning on a new phone soon, or at least i hope.

and all the motorola "v" phones are nice, just too dull and plain for me.

thanx,everyone still post though to tell me your thoughts
mmdstech2

Dec 28, 2003, 12:57 AM
I have used both, and would go with the i730. It is smaller and has more features. Also, the sim from the condor series phone (ie: i90, i95) does not work in the new falcon series iDEN handsets ( i205,i305,i530,i730) Hope this helps!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2017 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.

This is a preview. Click for full glossary page.