Home  ›  Forums  ›

Accessories

all discussions

show all 5 replies

Moto RAZR V3M

miss1on

Dec 26, 2006, 11:09 AM
Recently purchased above phone at Verizon Upstate NY store and I'm having a fit with the battery running down in as little as 5 hrs. I've tried 4 different batteries over the last 4 weeks and twice I got up to 10 hrs. The mgr told me "that's just the way it is". I previously had a V400 and was getting up to a week on standby. Am I doing something wrong?
SoCalCoastie

Dec 26, 2006, 12:25 PM
The bats just suck. Invest in a car charger or two.

Good Luck.

-Boats
krickt

Dec 27, 2006, 2:07 PM
The corporate stores in our area (USCC) are selling a combo package that includes a car charger, a spare battery and some other stuff. I've heard the same thing about the slvrs and such. Get a couple of extra batteries and keep them charged.
option32

Jan 24, 2007, 3:46 PM
The battery life on those phones is terrible because you have an ultra thin phone, with alot of electronics, and a very small battery.

Watch yourself with the car chargers, as car chargers are rapid chargers and do not contain the mechanism that relays that the battery is full, so you will over load the battery cells and make your battery life even worse!

Use car chargers when the phone is dead, for about 20 minutes at a time, and you'll be golden.
MetroTet

Jan 25, 2007, 10:33 AM
You shouldn't be expriencing that issue, it is a bad battery, and if you don't watch it, it'll very likely dead cell on you, IMHO, especially after working on the v3(gsm/cdma) they are horrible phones, hope you can either get a new batt or exchange the sucker.... cause trust me... it's going to get worse....
tmbold

Jan 25, 2007, 5:45 PM
sounds like you'll have to go to or send it of to a service center to get it flashed

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.