Home  ›  Forums  ›

Accessories

all discussions

OEM or Non-OEM is there a difference for...

tagx07

Jan 8, 2007, 1:08 AM
I need a Car Charger for a new Sprint Treo 700WX. I would prefer an OEM version however does it make a difference? Will non-oem perform different or cause any issues with my phone?

Is there "sceintific reasoning" as to why I should only buy OEM?

Also, what is the best screen protector out there? I want the best, not the cheapy ones in stores or dime-dozen ones online. I am more concerned with crystal-clarity and bright colors rather then anti-glare. Plus I want to be able to read things well outdoors on a sunny day.

Thank you for your replies in advance.
raycarroll70

Jan 8, 2007, 3:00 PM
I personally prefer to buy OEM products when it comes to accessories like vehicle power adapters/car chargers, home ones as well as batteries. The reason I would buy any of these OEM over 3rd Party/After Market/Generic is I'd know that they were built by the manufacturer to operate within the parameters set by them. With a 3rd Party/After Market/Generic accessory, there really isn't a guarantee since it wasn't produced or QT/QAed by the OEM thus may very well result in poor performance and/or damage your wireless device thus voiding the wireless device manufacturer's warranty.
active1181

Jan 8, 2007, 10:25 PM
Well, I would say that you must be careful as to which AFM products you buy. Stay away from those cheap $5.00 accessories that are sold out of tents or in places where you wouldn’t buy cell phone accessories, like a car wash. Those are the ones that can ruin your battery or phone. I work for a company who MFG and distributes wireless accessories to consumers and carriers. In your case, when it comes to Palm, we manufacturer the aftermarket power adapters/car chargers as well as the OEM on behalf of Palm. So just make sure you buy from a reputable source, your carrier or authorized dealer and not your local liquor store.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.