Home  ›  Forums  ›

Accessories

all discussions

show all 8 replies

Need a BT headset that won't accidentally redial

heycal

Oct 15, 2006, 1:41 PM
Got a new H500 bluetooth headset (my first experience with bluetooth), which I am using with a Razr V3m from Verizon. But I was horrified to discover that the headset has a last number redial feature that is very easy to accidentally redial just by tapping it inadvertantly either by hand or even if it's in your pocket. I'm making calls I don't even know about now!

Accidental redialing is unacceptable to me, and one of the main reasons I've always used flip phones was to prevent such things. Can anyone recommend a BT headset that will work with my phone but NOT accidentally redial the last number?
raycarroll70

Oct 15, 2006, 4:36 PM
I love my Motorola H700. I have it paired with my Samsung A920 with SPRINT NEXTEL. If I just tap the H700 button once, it activates VoiceSignal's Voice Command feature. I have to hold the H700 button down for about 3 seconds to redial the last number I called.
heycal

Oct 16, 2006, 12:22 AM
Sounds like the H700 would be similar to the H500 -- if I lean on it or press it for more than two seconds, it's going to redial... Damn. Anyone else have thoughts or sugestions?
rwilliams

Oct 16, 2006, 8:46 AM
Yeah. Don't put it in your pocket. Or find one that has a headset holster. Then you could put it right on your belt.
heycal

Oct 16, 2006, 4:01 PM
Being unable to put the headset in my pocket or having to use a headset holster are not great solutions. Anyone have any good ideas or other headset recommendations?
rwilliams

Oct 16, 2006, 5:28 PM
You should realistically look at the H700. The boom on it flips in to the speaker putting it into a power reserve. I don't have confirmation as to whether or not it will still dial out, but I highly doubt it. Worth the look, though.
heycal

Oct 16, 2006, 6:29 PM
Thanks. I probably will check out the 700 and see if it solves the problem. You folks think that's a good headset in general?
krickt

Oct 19, 2006, 9:50 AM
HS 850 does the same thing.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.