Home  ›  Forums  ›

Accessories

all discussions

bluetooth battery replacement?

lite1

Oct 8, 2006, 1:05 AM
Completely new to BT and dismayed to learn that the battery on the Plantronics 510 - a highly rated BT - according to mfg website cannot be replaced. Is this really true? Also BT's that use AAA seem to recommend NOT using rechargeable batteries. So is there a way to do BT headset without having to replace it once the built-in battery dies (perhaps after 300 recharging cycles)? Seems like with BT one is then committed to replacements and adding to landfills with dead ear-pieces or dead AAA batteries. Seemed hard enough to find a unit that really works well, but now there is the battery issue on top of that!Do high capacity rechargeable AAA batteries work in BT? Any thoughts/advice appreciated.
bosoxkid

Oct 13, 2006, 11:14 PM
By the time your battery won't hold a sufficient charge, BT headsets will be so cheap you won't mind buying another. As for the landfills, I don't have a solution for that unfortunately...
Foamy

Oct 17, 2006, 11:08 AM
Take it to a recycling center.

Or take it somewhere that'll recycle it for you.

Once a month I take a trip to the recycling center with all my (and my customers) old batteries and dead electronics.
raycarroll70

Oct 18, 2006, 9:49 AM
I've used a few rechargable batteries with Bluetooth headsets that are powered by AAA ones and haven't had any issues with performance nor charging. As far as replacing the internal battery in a Bluetooth headset goes, you could contact the manufacturer of the device and see if it would be cost effective to have them just replace it for you. Worse case scenario, you could always take it to a Sprint Nextel Inc. retail store where they'll give you a prepaid bag you can place the device in and send it off for recycling.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.