Home  ›  Forums  ›

Accessories

all discussions

Help! I have a new Samsung SCH-A930 What Accessories do I need to download to MP3?

Barmarlis

Sep 20, 2006, 7:13 PM
I just got my SCH-A930 last week. The phone is great. I have a micro memory card coming. I need to know how to download wma files from my computer to my phone. How do I do this? Do I use Bluetooth and need to get something for my computer, or do I get a special USB cable? (I am assuming a regular USB cable won't work)

Please help this tired old Grandma. 🙂

Any instructions would be great.

I actually won't be downloading music, but through my library, I can download audio books in a WMA. format, and want to try it. Thanks for any help you can give me.
Bustertb

Sep 20, 2006, 7:56 PM
You'll need a USB cable. You can either get a Media/Entertainment Package from Verizon, which contains headphones/USB cable and CD ($19.99) or I went on Ebay and just got the USB cable for $5.

There are several ways to go about it, but here is one way. After you have your USB cable drive downloaded on your PC and connected to your phone, you'll need to download freeware BitPim. This program will allow you to select Images/Pics, Ringtones and Music to download to your phone.

I got some cool ringtones (midi) from this site
http://www.mididb.com/ »

There is a way to hack into your A930 to allow it to play MP3 music. You can search this site for instruction. I'm running out of room to post it here. Good Luck!
Barmarlis

Sep 21, 2006, 7:10 AM
Great, this will help a lot. Thank you so much! Barb
rwilliams

Sep 21, 2006, 9:39 AM
Hey there. I own the 930 myself, and I gotta tell ya. Using the MP3 player on this phone is a pain in the arse. You can't use it with the phone closed, you have to go through 3 seperate menus to get to it. It has no shuffle mode. Otherwise, it makes the most sense for you to either A.) get the music essentials kit. or B.) get a memory card reader and convert the files to .wma format yourself. I use option B myself. I'm contimplating getting the music essentials kit for it, though. If you decide to go that route, let me know what you think. I need to know if it will be louder than the way I'm doing it right now before i spend the $30 on it
Bustertb

Sep 22, 2006, 9:25 PM
Go to manage my music and once it loads choose 8. shuffle.

I play mine w/ the phone closed.

Actually I went to Staples and got a $15 card reader/writer and just used it to download files directly to my card. Found this to be much easier than the USB cable and synching phone.

And it's another cool device 😉

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.