Home  ›  Forums  ›

Accessories

all discussions

external antenna on kyrocera kx9d

accdntprone

Aug 23, 2006, 7:40 PM
I have a kyocera kx9d phone. It has an external antenna connector on the back (under a rubber plug) but all the antenna adapters I have been able to get my hands on dont fit. Does anyone know what type adapter this needs, or where I might find one? I get decent signal most places without it, but I live kinda out in the country and I get almost no signal at home.
krickt

Aug 26, 2006, 1:42 PM
I was told that the connector you are reffering to is a data port, not an antenna connection. We once plugged an antenna into a se 44 port in the same position and it wouldn't work until we sent it back to the factory. We won't sell an antenna for a kyocera ever since. Too much risk of permanent damage.
alejandro

Aug 30, 2006, 11:54 AM
no, thats an external antenna spot, all companies put those on their phones, but i dont know if they all make the external antenna for them.
krickt

Aug 30, 2006, 2:28 PM
Not all. We have had several Nokias that didn't have one. Including the 6019. I do know that you can break the phone if you plug anything into it and twist. Which by the way is the first thing a customer does when trying to get the thing to go in.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.