Home  ›  Forums  ›

Accessories

all discussions

show all 10 replies

Best Bluetooth Headset

jdc45

Apr 25, 2006, 9:10 AM
I am going to go back to the PDA style phone, and I am wondering what is the best bluetooth headset that I can get to pair with the HTC 8100 series. Please give me a reason why you think the headset is the best.
leftco

May 4, 2006, 12:59 PM
We distribute over 30 models and there are 3 that truely stand out.
1.Jabra JX10- highend piece
2.Plantronics Voyager 640- highend
3.Plantronics Voyager 510- mid price
needmoretoys

Jun 26, 2006, 8:00 AM
My wife and I both use the Plantronics Voyager 510 with our VX8300s and it works very well. The voice quality on both ends is very good. I have not used any other BT headset, so I cannot comment further. I bought it based on user reviews on cnet and amazon and the price and have not been sorry. We both wear glasses and it does not interfere and is comfortable.
dbny

Jul 10, 2006, 12:37 AM
leftco said:
We distribute over 30 models and there are 3 that truely stand out.
1.Jabra JX10- highend piece
2.Plantronics Voyager 640- highend
3.Plantronics Voyager 510- mid price

The Jabra JX10 is $100 for a headset with a constant hiss. Too much for such a significant flaw, IMO.

The Plt Voyager 510 is better than the 640 according to everything I've read (hours worth).
Make sure you get the version of the 510 with WindSmart, though.
guiri

Jul 16, 2006, 10:51 PM
Why do they stand out?

Also, please read MY post here as I'm having problems finding a headset that WORKS at all..

https://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff= ... »

Thanks

George
rnckr

Nov 14, 2006, 3:00 PM
I bought the Plantronics Voyager 510 partly based on your posting here. I looked at the 640 but didn't care for how it is put together. I had a previous Jabra I did not like. I also had a Motorola H700 that was junk. The Plantronics 510, however, is wonderful. I can hear people very clearly and they can hear me. The volume is also good and so is the battery life. It fits in and around my ear very comfortably. I highly recommend it. I am using it with a Samsung T619 from T-Mobile.
letitridebaby

May 15, 2006, 6:12 PM
hey jdc45, I have gone through 9 headsets this year looking for the best one and finally found it. It is the plantronics discovery 640. I used the motorola h700, hs850, Bluespoon AX2, Jabra BT800 and 300, and the logitech mobil traveler. The plantronics blew them away with better range, clear voice transmission, and hardly any static at all. Oh yea, it is comfortable, till you get used to it feels like it is going to fall out but it won't. Good luck, and I hope this keeps you from spending as much money as I had to.
-T---Micah-

Jun 24, 2006, 5:58 PM
I have the H700 and I like it ok, but when I have my phone in my left pocket and the headset in my right ear, I get a bunch of static, which disappoints me. 😡
raycarroll70

Aug 23, 2006, 6:19 PM
Either switch the H700 to your left ear or place your handset in your right pocket. I love my H700 and haven't had any major issues with it working with my Samsung A920.
sowhatsowhat10

May 15, 2006, 7:45 PM
Plantronics Voyager 510

and the v-three bth-8:

check it out:

http://www.v-three.com/main/prod_bth_specs.aspx?XMLF ... »
pch316

Nov 30, 2006, 12:15 PM
I used to have the Plantronics 510 and it was very clear on both sides but I hated the power button, it was so small and hard to press. It was also too bulky for me. So..I went to buy the H700. I liked the H700 a lot. I only paid $50.00 for it. I had 50% off my accessories at Cingular for my company. Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.