Home  ›  Forums  ›

Accessories

all discussions

show all 40 replies

TPG Mobile Accessories Wholesaler Exporter : Fraud Company and Failed Promises

alysonmullen

Jun 1, 2015, 10:35 PM
I have a retailer business here in Singapore. We sell mobile phone accessories along with our retails of the latest mobile phones. The Peterson Group was introduced to me by a friend of mine when my distributor failed to meet my needs. At first, it was a good deal. They have the latest model of almost all accessories in the market. They showed us samples and made great deals for us. Since we are new partners, they even threw some free accessories in the package as well. They have nice staff, very accommodating. My business clicked and many people came to us since the products that we have are fresh from the market and we are on the lead compared to our competitors. While their product is still being shipped, ours are already nearly out of s...
(continues)
laerkebak25

Jun 3, 2015, 2:01 AM
Same issue for me. But I wasn’t able to realize it before hand since the communication was constant. First, they were not able to deliver my products on time which caused me precious business time and kept me from reaching my monthly goal quota. The representative I talked to said that they were having big update on their shipping lines which halted some of their operations but I was promised that they are to deliver in one week’s time. I relented. They delivered after a week and a day. I let it pass. One time, when my staff was showing the functionality of one of the accessories to a potential customer, it suddenly burst into flames. The shame that I have felt in front of that shocked customer was really to the core. It also caused us a lot...
(continues)
nshkrlv

Jun 3, 2015, 11:04 PM
You have to sue them, dude. It is against the law to sell defected products.
antheanieman

Jun 4, 2015, 9:41 PM
How do these scammers even get away from bad things they do? As I know it, The Peterson Group is one of the leading wholesalers of mobile accessories in Asia. Is this account true?
georgewesley

Jun 8, 2015, 2:20 AM
There are a lot of fraud people especially in these kinds of business. With a lot of available products around offering the same brand, you would not know which one is legit.
yaminamatoso

Jun 8, 2015, 11:06 PM
I am a start-up business and I am planning to invest to Mobile Accessories since it has a big market here in Jakarta, Indonesia. I have seen reviews on The Peterson Group. Are they that bad?
chelseycardenas

Jun 9, 2015, 9:39 PM
Heard of this issue a year ago but wasn’t sure the details behind it.
juliakjohnson

Jun 10, 2015, 10:45 PM
The Peterson Group is situated near the port so you don’t have to worry about shipping. We can ship anywhere in Asia.
johanwnne

Jun 14, 2015, 8:38 PM
I don’t think The Peterson Group can do this kind of thing. I have been with them for a few years now and nothing like this happened.
charlie.brian25

Jun 16, 2015, 1:34 AM
I am actually wondering how they get away with it? They even hire people around to get involved. I hear they are a big company. How do they manage to fool even the government?
dahlegg

Jun 16, 2015, 10:03 PM
Every business has its own flaws. It may be that they just made a huge miscalculation at that time.
jeskaramir

Jun 17, 2015, 3:26 AM
You can file a complaint against them in the local government involved. Ours is called Department of Trade and Industry
zenonharto

Jun 17, 2015, 9:25 PM
If I remember it correctly, the news stated that a top mobile and laptop accessories distributor in Taiwan has been found to conduct illegal transactions with some fraud manufacturers who produce fake accessories, sells them as legit and get ample amount of money in return. The operations were even suspended for sometime but the suspension was later lifted after two months with not enough evidence from the complainants to prove the fraudulent act. I didn’t know that they fired people because of that
olivia631982s

Jun 19, 2015, 1:48 AM
Does The Peterson Group has website where people can order from? I want to test this out for myself.
melodytyler

Jun 21, 2015, 8:16 PM
I don’t think they should be this bad. We are in the business with them for 3 years now and nothing bad had happened in our partnership. We have no complaints whatsoever.
edlermarvin

Jun 22, 2015, 9:05 PM
Do you have a list of retailers the Peterson Group delivers to? Retailers may not be the only victim here but the end clients as well.
avilla2336

Jun 23, 2015, 8:41 PM
Aren’t they one of the most sought-after distributors of Mobile accessories around Asia? My father has also consulted with them for some matters and there seems to be no problem.
thomwinters

Jun 24, 2015, 9:01 PM
There is not enough proof for this. How can people be able to scam their clients when they are already a big one?
alexagutierrez

Jun 25, 2015, 8:24 PM
I worked with The Peterson Group a year ago. We were in the midst of expanding our business out to Thailand at that time. However though, certain standards were not able to pass the laws in the country. Around that time, I was also able to discover that the company is involved to some illegal transactions with other distributors because of one of the executives hired. When the owner of the company found out about it, the executive who has done the illegal transactions told him that we were the ones who did it. Because he is an executive, the CEO believed him and fired us. Until now, we are not able to redeem our dignity and the executive is still working there.
loganpou

Jun 28, 2015, 9:35 PM
Firing people should have proven that the company itself has found sufficient proof that illegal acts are being done. Why weren’t they able to see this?
adntagstin

Jun 29, 2015, 3:35 AM
You are too vague about this. What are the issues and what is the illegal transaction? Who are you to get blamed for everything?
shann0nwitt

Jun 30, 2015, 12:32 AM
Woah! So many activists here complaining.
dextermoneva

Jun 30, 2015, 9:05 PM
I have been tied with The Peterson Group for two years. There was never a problem. We are based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
kristihursey

Jul 1, 2015, 8:25 PM
How long do their delivery usually take? Are there any problems in this field?
keirapalmateer

Jul 2, 2015, 8:30 PM
Looking through the reviews and it looks like a lot are to be said about the Peterson Group. How can I trust this, then? ☹️
carrollcallen

Jul 5, 2015, 9:04 PM
Is The Peterson Group still operating until now? How far will they be able to fool everyone?
agathagrivas

Jul 7, 2015, 1:35 AM
I am actually confused about this forum. Are there legit employees here who can stand up for the Peterson Group? 👀
leiresteiner

Jul 8, 2015, 1:34 AM
I am looking for a good distributor for mobile accessories. A Plus Accessories and The Peterson Group are the companies I am choosing from.
whirileyes

Jul 8, 2015, 9:25 PM
Guess the kid is into the truth. 😁
abneranna

Jul 9, 2015, 9:17 PM
About that person who claims to be employed with The Peterson Group when the issue emerged on us being scams: we know who you are and you deserve to be fired. We all know that. While I was reading this forum, I never intended to speak out but the statement you said just provoked me. For one, our executives are to be trusted when they should be. They are part owners of the company and it is also their business in line when they do illegal transactions. We encourage our employees to tell the truth. You are the ones who isn’t. We fired you because of your misdemeanor, not because of you have been blamed for some unknown reasons. You saw your file. We explained it to you. Why can’t you just move on and find another job?
tinabarlow

Jul 12, 2015, 9:01 PM
Hi. In response to your question, my name is Jillian and I work in The Peterson Group as the distribution supervisor. As my job requires, I oversee the delivery of accessories in ports. As far as I know about the company I am working with since I graduated from college is that they are totally legit. I do not know if there are issues inside the company which I am sure there is like any other companies, as to what extent, I do not know. I assure you though; we deliver only high quality products. My job is on the line here. I always see shipping of apple products, and big companies always haul their products on our ports. You can come and check it out for yourself. Most of our shipping partners deliver the products around 3am.
estelaterraga

Nov 16, 2015, 11:03 PM
They might just have overlooked your order since they have a lot of clients to cater to? Don’t you think?
amethybey

Nov 19, 2015, 8:10 PM
These scams and fraudulence should be reported to the authorities.
baileyholloway

Nov 23, 2015, 2:37 AM
If you are in Jakarta, the highest punishment they could just impose is suspension. And only for a couple of days.
amyrahfil

Nov 23, 2015, 11:21 PM
If The Peterson Group is proven for fraud, which country decides it? It can be confusing since they deliver to almost every country in the Asia Pacific.
dylansilva

Nov 24, 2015, 9:29 PM
Wholesalers like them are not perfect. Why blame them for a single mistake?
calebm0llison

Nov 25, 2015, 8:54 PM
I cannot trust their customer service either. They cannot explain the process very well
carltondiehl

Nov 26, 2015, 9:38 PM
I once wired some money for down payment for The Peterson Group. I was only newbie in the industry then and was not aware of the dangers of interception. This was when they still don’t have agents here in Jakarta. I got my money stolen with reasons I still do not understand and TPG helped me a lot.
florencejobs

Nov 30, 2015, 8:37 PM
The staffs are very empathizing. I love working with these people.
ainhoavilacoba

Dec 1, 2015, 9:34 PM
I have a lot of gratitude and sincere admiration for The Peterson Group. They helped me grow my business
amiahkent

Dec 2, 2015, 8:16 PM
They are definitely fraud since I was not able to get what I have ordered them.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.