Home  ›  Forums  ›

Accessories

all discussions

show all 7 replies

HELP PLEASE!!! Can't get music onto my memory card.

bass54

Oct 28, 2010, 9:53 AM
I have a Sony- Ericksson Equinox cell phone. I bought a sandisk 4MB memory card, and can't for the life of me put any music on it that's recognized by my phone. I've done a straight copy amd paste, created a sub-folder under the cards music folder and tried using the Media GO software included with the phone. When I copy and paste, it shows up as being on the card, but the phone won't see or play it. It seems like either I wasted my money on the card or just can't figure out how to do it right. HELP!!!
Amarantamin

Oct 28, 2010, 7:21 PM
The phone has to be plugged in to the computer.

Glad to help!
bass54

Oct 29, 2010, 6:00 AM
Are you saying I can only play songs on the memory card when I have the phone plugged into mu computer via usb cable?
That's how I tried transferring the music, but I bought the card to be able to add music to the phone and play it the same way as if I put music directly into the phone memory.

Thanks
Amarantamin

Oct 29, 2010, 7:43 PM
Ah, well, there's actually no way to safely put music directly into the phone memory. That may be causing your problem.

Glad to help!
CallCenterBlues

Oct 29, 2010, 9:42 AM
You have to make sure that the music files are files that can be played on your phone. Then you save the music to the music folder on your SD card and they should play just fine. If they aren't then it might be that your music files are in the wrong format.
lancywhite

Sep 7, 2011, 5:38 AM
make sure taht the music file format is compatible with your memeory card. that is quite important!
hobble

Sep 7, 2011, 1:39 PM
Yea, I remember I got this micro sd card and I filled that thing up with mp3s and then I later found out that my micro sd card was incompatible with storing data!!!

Later on I figured out that it was a paint chip and all sd cards store all kinds of data.
liamdavis

Nov 24, 2011, 2:49 AM
Try using the installer of your phone in transferring files instead of copy pasting.

Related source:
http://www.ringcentral.com/phone-service/index.html »

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.