Home  ›  Forums  ›

Accessories

all discussions

External Antennas

elowith

Jul 19, 2009, 4:50 PM
Very few new phones seem to have external antenna jacks. Does anyone know anything (good or bad) about the various non-wired antennas, repeaters, etc.? I travel out where cell phone signals are very weak, and my old phone has a jack for an external antenna that worked quite well. I'd really like to get a newer phone (LG Env3 to be specific) which has no external antenna jack. Would appreciate suggestions for a working solution.
mist668

Jul 20, 2009, 12:34 PM
Owned the 510 wi-ex zboost, worked great just make sure you have the antennas properly set up and far enough apart. Other than that the repeater is set up.
Cellinovation

Sep 2, 2009, 7:53 PM
I just wanted to mention that if you do get a wired kit, rather than needing the antenna pig tail and a jack for it, you could use an induction coupling adapter. No port required.
GadeTerbob

Sep 3, 2009, 5:23 PM
I've used external antennas for years. I can certainly tell the difference when in rural, poorly served areas.

Tried two "induction" adapters, never worked for me. If it doesn't plug, it doesn't work. That's my experience.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.