Home  ›  Forums  ›

Accessories

all discussions

removing write protection on a micro SD Card

papernpaste

Jan 15, 2009, 8:45 AM
I have a San Disc 4 GB Micro SD card that I have used in 4 different cell phones and PDA's.

After going through a HTC Touch and a Blackberry Curve 8330 in the first thirty days, I settled on a Palm Treo 800W even though it has its own "cons."

I noticed that my memory volume continued to grow on this card even though I was removing some music as well as adding some as I sync'd this phone over a period of several months. I am running windows XP pro and Active Sync, using Windows Media Player.

Using the Explore tab within Active Sync, I "deleted" the folders for my music files. At that point, I checked the Windows/Settings/System/Memory on the phone and it was evident that the memory was still in use and almost full.

I then took...
(continues)
xIsamuTM

Jan 17, 2009, 9:18 AM
there's a little tab over on the bottom right of the card. mare sure that's not stuck on the write protect side. if it is, move it. or if it's missing you might need a new one.
papernpaste

Jan 19, 2009, 7:26 AM
This is a weird solution so I wanted to post it. I read this, put the write protect slider in the middle, and it solved my issue and I'm using the card, again. Some say that it won't stay in the middle. I guess their's were made correctly. Here's a valueable link:
http://www.retire-asia.com/microsd.shtml »

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.