Home  ›  Forums  ›

Accessories

all discussions

show all 9 replies

how to transfer pictures from handphone to PC?

stevensu

Dec 19, 2008, 6:02 PM
Hi,guys,

I was very happy with my new Nokia phone because it has a very nice camera. When I am travelling, i can easily take the picutures and send them to my girlfriend who is thousands miles away in Shanghai. But after using the phone for a few days, I found out that my phone is giving me a bad headache on how to transfer the photos taken to my computer so that I can send to her through Email, which is free. I tried many times but couldn't figure out how to do that...I feel very frustrated at my phone although i like other functions a lot.

Do anyone has any solution to solve this problem? My friends recommended me a product called "Snapmedia" from a company called "FutureDial"...I am not sure whether there are other products can help...
(continues)
OfAMightDivine

Dec 20, 2008, 12:44 AM
Send your pictures to an e-mail address. Just pop in an e-mail address instead of a number and send away. Works on most carriers.
syza

Dec 24, 2008, 11:32 PM
how to transfer pictures from PC to cellphone??
OfAMightDivine

Dec 25, 2008, 3:29 AM
I believe all the major carriers enable their phones to receive e-mails through their respective MMS services. Your phones "e-mail address" is generally your 10 digit number @ something dot something. For example, an AT&T phone could use 9991239999@mms.att.net, and it would receive an e-mail, and can send to other e-mails. Verizon Wireless uses 9991239999@vtext.com as their phones "e-mail address".

Just attach the image in a media format your phone can handle (consult your user manual) and send it to your phones e-mail address, from your computer.

I do it all the time to make my own wall papers and screen savers.
IrishCarBomb

Dec 20, 2008, 3:47 PM
What kind of phone? More specific than Nokia...

But it should let you load them to your computer if you get the Nokia PC Suite software, er whatever they call it.
mist668

Dec 23, 2008, 9:16 AM
If you can send to email free then do that. Just create a free mail inbox somewhere.
syza

Dec 24, 2008, 11:30 PM
So I have a pic that I want to use as a wall paper, but how do I get it to stretch throughout the full screen cuz the best that it does is that it sits in the middle and I see borders around it and distorts the clock, and its really annoying! Any ideas, guys?
CellularChloe

Jan 6, 2009, 12:09 PM
You didn't mention what carrier you are on. Verizon Wireless offers an on-line album that you can upload your pix to for emailing or simply freeing up some space on your phone. Or if you change phones alot you can retrieve them from the PIX place when you get a new phone.

If you are on Verizon or if anyone else has interest in doing this, you should first register at VerizonWireless.com under MY Verizon (basic register info)
you select a picture,
Choose Options (generally in the lower left corner of your screen)
Select Send
Select To PIX place or to online album
The picture will upload.

To retrieve, go to verizonwireless.com, login to My Verizon. You'll have several options for different services. Amoung them you'll find your o...
(continues)
OfAMightDivine

Jan 6, 2009, 1:41 PM
Yes, send all your personal pictures to an online database that hundreds of people have access to, and can see.
CellularChloe

Jan 7, 2009, 3:28 PM
Evidentally you haven't been on Facebook, Flickr, Snapfish, Shutterfly, MySpace, Picassa, Blurb, Picaboo, You Tube, Photobucket, Kodak Gallery, webshots, andromeda, dotPhoto, funtigo, Ofoto, Smugmug, Webshots, PhotoWorks Walmart, Walgreens, etc.....for a while. People love to post phots or all these websites wouldn’t exist.

Also, what I was suggesting is more private than say flickr.
You need a password to access your photos, where some sites like flickr, unless you mark each photos as private, are available for the world to see,

Before, you reply, I am not naive so I realize that anything on the internet is available to whomever wants it bad enough but so are emails and pictures sent from phone to phone.

With that said, I u...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.