Home  ›  Forums  ›

Accessories

all discussions

show all 6 replies

I want bluetooth that actually works - anyone?

sdgmcdon

Feb 22, 2008, 4:33 PM
So, here's the deal, I've had these combinations in recent months/years, none have worked reliably enough to use all the time:

Phones:
Treo 650
Treo 700, W, WX & P
Blackberry (forgot model number, newer VZW one - hated the BB in general so moot point I guess)
Moto Q
RAZR
xv6700
xv6800

Earpieces:
Motorola h700 & h850
Plantronics 510 and lower level model (210 or something?)
Jawbone
2 Jabra's

Of all of these I cannot recall the exact combinations I've tried, I just know I've had each of the above at some recent point in time and have NEVER found a combination that JUST FLAT WORKS.

The ones I am most concerned about at this point working are Treo's (755P and the up coming 800W) as I'm quite sure I'm going to stick with t...
(continues)
DarkStar

Feb 23, 2008, 12:19 PM
wow. Either you are the pickest person in the entire world or you suffer from some weird biological magnetic interferece. Kinda like when two people have the exact same phone from the same shipment but one has horrible problems and the other thinks its the best phone in the world.

I have a Moto H700 and an HTC Touch and I do have to pair them more often than I should, but I suck it up and am very happy with both. A matter of fact I have had to pair it less often lately.

You don't like the VX6800? How very odd. Most people actually enjoy the phone.

The Treo line is getting worse and worse remarks. Low scores on customer satisfaction.
sdgmcdon

Feb 24, 2008, 12:55 AM
you know it's funny, actually aside from when the earpiece just refuses to work at all (won't connect so phone can use it etc) I'm usually pretty satisfied with the ear pieces, it's always the person on the other end that hates it and in my business that's not acceptable (Realtor); my clients have to be able to hear me clearly and I'm not in a loud car, typical solidly built newer sedan, little road noise, yet 7 out of 10 people have trouble hearing me.

The 3 major problems I have with the xv6800 are:

DIALING! the soft dial keys are absurdly slow to respond... I find myself using the back space button more than any other because the damn thing doesn't register a number pushed and further doesn't display that problem for a second or tw...
(continues)
BLEDSOE

Sep 20, 2008, 1:57 PM
I figured as a realtor the reason you strayed to the palm side is the lock box function that you can get on it because of the infrared..

as for BT...I used the Nokia BH-900...In a car or in a building I never had a problem with it. Everyone could hear me clearly..the benefit is that it has a retractible boom. You can use it with the boom extended or with it pushed in...The retail in the BT ranges from 99 to 119...depending on the store...
VOICE OF REASON

Sep 23, 2008, 11:34 AM
I think in the last 6-7 months hey found something... 🤣 But seriously, did you read any of the op's posts? He's using a 6800... WHICH IS WINDOWS!!! BTW Palm's site has lists of the compatible bt headsets with their handsets... 🙄 lol I will agree though that the bh-900 was pretty sick back in the day.....
dshearn

Sep 20, 2008, 1:03 PM
there are alot of people out there like this.

IF sales will teach you anything, it will teach you just how screwed up the human race is.
willv

Oct 1, 2008, 3:10 PM
i have had a ton of phones, i sell phone and accessories. i have had samsung moto plantronics jawbone and other headsets.

i just got the blueant v1 yesterday, and i have to say its the best one yet, by far.

its light, fits good, is loud, noise cancelation actually works. i dont know about connectivity issues with treos, and have never had a nokia headset. i would recomend the blueant v1 to anyone looking to replace the original jawbone. i owned the jawbone untill this one. this is by far the best headset i have ever used.

call blueant and ask about issues with treos, but this headset (although pricey) is the way to go. let us know what you do and how it works 🙂

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.