Home  ›  Forums  ›

Accessories

all discussions

show all 13 replies

ALL Retail Employee Please Read: Counterfeit Motorola Accessories

raycarroll70

Nov 10, 2006, 11:37 PM
I would like everyone who works front line with customers to look over this article as well as the PDF file at the Motorola site. The accessory that caught my eye was the Motorola Bluetooth H700 as well as the H500, both of which the retail store I work in carry for $99.99 and $69.99 respectively. With Black Friday only 2 weeks from tomorrow, we need to be vigilant to make sure we don't get hit by customers trying to exchange counterfeit accessories from online from somewhere like eBay for the genuine ones we carry in our stores. For anyone who can't access the article below, please contact me and I'll make sure I get the PDF file to you and your managers.

http://www.motorola.com/content.jsp?globalObjectId=7711 »
oudidntkn0w

Nov 11, 2006, 12:29 AM
Thank you! I will foward this to my coworkers and my manager so that he can send it out to the local store techs. Im going to put this in our big "warranty issues" book.
krickt

Nov 11, 2006, 12:21 PM
The differnce are so minute that the entire industry is going to get screwed on this! When the biggest difference is the color of the earpad, it's going to be hard telling the difference.
raycarroll70

Nov 12, 2006, 8:35 AM
The counterfeit Motorola H700s I'm ecountering are having obvious multiple flaws. One big one to look for is the writing on the underside by the earpiece hinge. The bogus headsets I've seen don't have the blue symbol and the symbols to the left of it are larger than the genuine ones.
kintey

Nov 24, 2006, 10:44 PM
I came across this wbsite ,their prices are so unbelievable, i wonder if they are genuine.the site is call Cell Phone Shop .com
jerry 12

Jan 28, 2008, 12:19 AM
if it sounds to good to be true then it probably isn't true so beware of counterfeits. 🙂
Armand Goldman

Feb 4, 2008, 6:13 PM
Best way to guarantee you're getting an OEM product is to purchase either from a national retailer like Best Buy or from a corporate retail store.
YoungXerxes

Feb 5, 2008, 6:21 PM
yea also original motorola accessories will have a reflective tag so look for that
Bufford T. Justice

Feb 6, 2008, 10:38 AM
Also Motorola is not the same as Mottorola or Motorolla. 🤣
Bufford T. Justice

Feb 13, 2008, 11:14 AM
Best way to avoid a counterfeit accessory is to buy it from a corporate retail store of a wireless carrier or from a big box retailer like Best Buy.
kintey

Nov 24, 2006, 10:46 PM
I have a Fusic phone i am looking for any Blue Tooth that will really work for both the phone and the MP3as well.
kintey

Nov 25, 2006, 4:59 AM
kintey said:
I have a Fusic phone i am looking for any Blue Tooth that will really work for both the phone and the MP3 as well.
raycarroll70

Nov 25, 2006, 9:51 AM
The LG Fusic/LX550 does not support the A2DP Bluetooth profile so you can not listen to your music on it. I currently have a black Motorola H700 paired with my Samsung A920 and love it. The Motorola H500 is also a good Bluetooth headset. It's slightly larger than the H700, but has more talk time.
raycarroll70

Nov 11, 2006, 2:44 PM
LOL! I just had some joker whip out a receipt and attempted to exchange a counterfeit Black Motorola H700 Bluetooth headset at the store I work in a few minutes ago. He said the headset has major static which I verified with my Samsung A920 and the 2 pieces of the ear piece were starting to come apart which it was. Problem...The receipt is for a Silver Motorola H700/UPC SJ0106R. Sprint never sold the Black H700. From my understanding, only Cingular Wireless sold them. We've only had the silver ones in our retail stores. I explained to him he may wish to consider going to a Cingular Wireless retail store to see if he could exchange it there or get ahold of Motorola and have them see about getting it repaired. He exclaimed 7 explicatives I won...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.