Home  ›  Forums  ›

Accessories

all discussions

Cellular Signal Booster

dura ace

Oct 1, 2007, 2:50 AM
I am having serious issues with the signal strength inside my home. This only just started about a month ago. Before that, I had a decent signal. Now, almost every call is dropped. Can anyone offer real advice on signal boosters? I see Radio Shack offers a few, but do they really work? They start at $300.00. Rather expensive if it doesn't work.
Worth it if it does...
krickt

Oct 1, 2007, 11:23 AM
I'm a RadioShack Dealer, and from what I hear, those boosters do work, they are just very expensive. Make sure you get the booster for the type of phone you are using. GSM takes a different one from CDMA, if you get the wrong one, it won't work for your phone.
dura ace

Oct 1, 2007, 11:35 AM
Thanks for your reply.
I am actually in Saudi Arabia where I work. (I am from Louisiana) There is a Radio Shack about 20 miles from here in Bahrain. But I would have to drive there to find out if they have what I need. And yes, I had already thought about the bandwidth. We use strictly GSM in this part of the world.
RiMan

Sep 18, 2008, 3:54 PM
haha i remember the internal attena days

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.