Home  ›  Forums  ›

Accessories

all discussions

show all 9 replies

>B BLUE TOOTH HEADSETS: Good - Bad?

mammoth

Apr 14, 2006, 4:21 PM
😉

Looking to get a Bluetooth headset for a Samsung A900.

If you have used a Bluetooth headset, what has been your experience and with which models?
katman_blue

Apr 14, 2006, 4:40 PM
I use motorola hs850. The call quality is 1000 times better than any lousy corded headset, the battery life is good, it used the same charger as my previous phone (will be different for yours however), connectivity is easy and seamless, has a multi-use button for voice dialing and answer/end calls, and its lasted me well over a year.

the charger it takes is the standard motorola charger, so finding a car charger for it wont be hard. It works well with the a900 also...because thats the phone that I currently own.
kmcfarlin

Apr 15, 2006, 2:28 PM
I am thinking about getting a BT headset also. I really like the look of the S. Ericsson HBH-608 as opposed to the Motorola HS850.

I admit I have heard a hefty amount of good things about it, but has anyone heard anything bad about the slightly cheaper Ericsson headset?
TOBDNCNG

Mar 1, 2007, 3:25 PM
I still get a lot of background noise, especially when I am in my car - a minivan. Any thoughts on how to reduce the background noise? It is pretty awful.

Thanks for any help you can give.
JestaMcMerv

May 19, 2006, 8:51 PM
I work at a cingular store in tucson, and from my experience with headsets these so far are my favorite.

Plantronics Discovery 640 = best all around
-lightest weight, best charger, clarity
Jabra bv250 = loudest, very clear, kinda heavy
Motorola HS850 = good all around, very easy to use.

Those are the three that I own, so others i could not say for sure.
varagon

May 31, 2006, 8:53 PM
Actually, the majority of Bluetooth Headsets all work the same. It basically comes down to the preference of using one with, or with out the battery power feature. In, or Over the ear, etc.

Although the Plantronics 640, and the new Jabra JX10 are pretty hot and I've had nothing but good comments about them, but of course they are kind of high in price.
jrcunningham

Jun 23, 2006, 3:30 PM
I sell 55 different Bluetooth devices, and I've used about half of them. I've used almost everything Motorola has and didn't care for any of them. I've tried everything off-brand that I can get my hands on and didn't like them, either. The only one I've kept and continue to use is a Nokia model. It's the HS-26W (you can Google it or check it out on my website). It goes around the ear instead of over and has yet to give me any problems.
raycarroll70

Aug 23, 2006, 6:30 PM
I use a Motorola H700 Bluetooth headset with my Samsung A920. On eBay, you should be able to pick one up with shipping and handling for no more than $45(got mine for $40 with Motorola OEM car charger and case). There are 3 colors of the Motorola H700, black, blue and a silver one. For the least amount of interference between the 2 devices, I'd suggest placing your A900 on the same side of the body as the ear you're wearing the Bluetooth headset.
Bustertb

Sep 22, 2006, 9:36 PM
I love my Motorola H700 Bluetooth headset!

I know on cnet.com it got alot of mixed reviews. But I really liked the style and I figured if I was gonna have something hanging off my ear like a dork I wanted it to at least look cool and this headset does.

The ppl who have given me a hard time about wearing it also admitted it was cool looking.

I think this stuff is very hit or miss. My DH got a plantronics headset for his Treo and it wouldn't synch up.

When I got my first Samsung A930 I had to return it b/c of static problem.

I guess that's the thing w/ electronics. Be sure to read the return policy 😉
raycarroll70

Sep 26, 2006, 11:21 PM
Another Bluetooth headset I've worked with is the Motorola H500. Performed just as good as my H700, but you'd save around $30 with it plus it's a tad big bigger if you want something to wear that actually doesn't feel like nothing's there.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.