Phone Scoop

printed December 1, 2015
See this page online at:

Home  ›  Forums  ›

all discussions

Using USB charger in the car

May 13, 2009, 7:32 PM
I have a Griffin iPod car charger that is essentially a USB cable for the iPod that plugs into a converter that then plugs into the cigarette lighter. Here's a similar product: »

I have a Samsung Impression that came with a USB cable. The Impression has only 1 plug for charging, plugging into a computer, etc. So can I just plug the Impression's USB cable into the adapter to charge my phone in my car. I can't see why this wouldn't work, but I wanted to see what y'all thought about doing this.

May 14, 2009, 9:36 AM
Would work fine, usb is usb all 5 volt. If it doesnt charge then that means the amperage is not enough to supply the phone.

May 14, 2009, 2:26 PM
mist668 said:
If it doesnt charge then that means the amperage is not enough to supply the phone.

So if the phone doesn't charge, that means that the amperage isn't enough eh? Well that's a big no crap. I mean seriously, come on, if it doesn't charge it doesn't have enough power. Man, that is a revolutionary statement there. Do you work for the DOD or something? Golly, I just need to go lay down and reassess my life with a revelation like this... If it doesn't charge it doesn't have enough power, man.. wow, I still can't grasp that...

May 14, 2009, 3:18 PM
Wow... you are a d-bag. I mean this poor guy was just making a statement. Not everyone is as smart as you. Wow... do you stomp on kittens now.

May 16, 2009, 2:59 PM
You have no conception of now anything like that works.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2015 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.