Home  ›  Forums  ›

Accessories

all discussions

memory card speed

deji

Aug 17, 2007, 10:54 AM
Are certain memory cards faster than others? My friend has a 256k in his phone and it is horribly slow. He claims because it is a generic that came in a boost phone. He has a samsung and got the card from a friend.

What cards work best in samsungs? This phone can take up to 2 gig I think. Wouldn't think size would have anything to do with speed since nothing is moving. Could be wrong though.

Thanks.
NecrisHacker

Aug 18, 2007, 8:42 PM
I've used SanDisk, PNY as well as Fujitsu for my microSDs and all of them seem to run at the same speed as far as data transfer goes. I wouldn't be suprised if all three of these manufactuers actually had their microSD card produced by another company and all they do is just stand their brand name on the card and adapter. This sort of thing is done all the time in the clothing industry like Lands End producing the polo style shirts for LL Bean, J Crew, Ralph Lauren, Izod and others.
NecrisHacker

Aug 18, 2007, 8:44 PM
BYW, have your friend try a different microSD with their Samsung and see if the speed is still dragging. If not, I'd suspect a defective card. If the speed is still transferring data slowly, have your friend take it to one of the wireless carrier's service and repair stores and have the Samsung checked out.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.