Home  ›  Forums  ›

Accessories

all discussions

show all 7 replies

Zillions of Power Adapters

DrummerCT

Aug 4, 2007, 12:25 PM
I have a new (Sprint) Mogul phone/Windows Mobile 6 Pro model. The power adapter that comes with it has a mini-USB plug and is rated at 5volts, 1A. I would like a second power adapter for when I travel. As it happens, I have a Garmin Nuvi 360 that has a similar mini-USB, 5v-1A power adapter. My question is: can I safely use the Garmin power adapter with the Mogul? Are USB-plugs for power adapters standardized as to how pin-outs work? Are any of you doing anything similar? I already have what seem to be zillions of power adapters and I'm trying to avoid adapter overpopulation!
robtheman

Aug 4, 2007, 2:20 PM
Yeah, you have to be careful. If you leave them alone long enough, they'll start to multiply and take up all the room in your closet.
VOLVORacr

Aug 6, 2007, 12:55 PM
~5v is the norm for most battery powered devices.

If it's mini usb it will work fine.

🙂
Ray

Aug 7, 2007, 9:59 PM
Your last statement about if it is mini USB, it will work fine is not necessarily true. The Sprint RIM Blackberry models of 7130e, 8703e 8830 as well as the Motorola ic402, ic502, ic602, ic902, KRZR K1m, RAZR V3m, SLVR L7c and Q all use a mini USB connection for charging, but if you attempt to use the RIM home and/or vehicle charger with any of the fore mentioned Motorolas, the screen will display either Not Charging or Incompatible Charger.
VOLVORacr

Aug 8, 2007, 9:53 AM
I realize that, but it won't hurt the phone.
Ray

Aug 8, 2007, 10:00 AM
Then why use a charger that will not work. Play it smart and buy an OEM one and you can't go wrong people.
Cellfoneslinger

Aug 10, 2007, 8:23 PM
Last and least
Just wanted to get rid of the ah hell subject line. Have a good day 😁
Lederhosen19

Aug 11, 2007, 1:04 AM
Fixed! 😉 😁

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.