Home  ›  Forums  ›

Accessories

all discussions

Bluetooth advice

pacanis

Feb 15, 2007, 4:56 PM
I have an enV if that makes a difference. After a lot of review reading I went with the Plantronics Discovery 655. I'm sending it back tomorrow.
Aside from not fitting my ear with any of the gel buds, the wire clip that I need to use just outright hurts to wear. I was much happier with my previous Explorer (don't know the model but it's about a year old). The 655 is also scratchy sounding sometimes. Oh and while carrying it in the provided holster/clip, which I thought was pretty nice, the earclip and smaller earbud came off somewhere.

Can someone recommend a med to highend bluetooth device that still uses the "cone" listening device rather than an earbud? That one Jabra device looks interesting and it looks like the earpiece would work...
(continues)
Crapbag

Feb 15, 2007, 9:27 PM
Its not super high end but the samsung wep170 has a cone rather than earbud. That or look into some of the new sony BT headsets like the IV835.
pacanis

Feb 16, 2007, 7:07 AM
Thanks. I'll check them out.
I'm interested in the SE PV-705, too. Amazon has them, but CNET hasn't done a review on them yet, they seem alright with the other SE models that look similar though. It doesn't have the earbud either.
I may be forced to stop back at the Verizon store and see what they have and are using. I know quite a few employees have enVs. Easier to exchange, too.
I'm off to CNET to look at the Samsung's review.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.